What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Amid all the excitement of scoring a Fiddich River stone earlier today I forgot about another parcel that got delivered at the same time. It was lot of razors with a small Thuri, which I put a lowball bid on (probably less than the stone is worth on its own) and rather surprisingly won.

Quite possibly because the ebay pics were rubbish and you couldn't see what any of the razors actually were. All I remember is that they weren't in great condition, but looked like they had nice scales. I was in it for the handles and the rock tbh.

But opening it up today turned up some pretty nice surprises I think...

View attachment 1594981

First out the bag was a TR Cadman Wedge in blonde horn. Which was particularly cool because I already had its sister razor(!)

View attachment 1594978

View attachment 1594983

This one's interesting because Boots are now the largest high st pharmacist in the UK. It's also the first bone scaled razor I've had. Shame about that gnarly chip though, probably go into a drawer for a rainy day.

View attachment 1594975

And a second... I'm pretty sure these scales are bone too, rather than Ivory. Producer is 'L Strong', who I know nothing about / haven't heard of.

View attachment 1594993

Love those tats Oli !

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
The writing on my hand...? That's some very important weights and measurements I was taking earlier but couldn't find a piece of paper.

891 / 325 = 2.74 = BOOM! GET IN MY SON!! I've got a Fiddich River Stone.

I just had to tweak you sir.

As far as writing, you do know if fountain pens and paper were your third leg (after knives and razors), you’d be totally broke !

Cheers!

I just had to tweak you sir.

As far as writing, you do know if fountain pens and paper were your third leg (after knives and razors), you’d be totally broke !

Cheers!

No, very well tweaked sir!

I just thought I'd better clarify that I don't normally use parts of my anatomy in lieu of notepads, I was just so excited so excited following my delivery that I wasn't in the mood for dallying.

Legion

Staff member
No, very well tweaked sir!

I just thought I'd better clarify that I don't normally use parts of my anatomy in lieu of notepads, I was just so excited so excited following my delivery that I wasn't in the mood for dallying.
Yeah sure...

1309C452-9F9E-4DD9-B964-F46FDEB191F5.jpeg

This one just in from Andrejs in total mint condition. There is no spine wear, but the razor produces an HHT-5 result. It was likely honed with tape at the USSR factory. According to Andrejs, the razor was made in the spring of 1955. It is the first variant of "Yaht" straight razor from USSR factory "Zavod Trud Vacha ". I am thinking this is the Stiz factory in Moscow, but I am not sure.

PXL_20230127_163234956.jpg

Top Bottom