What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

First C-MON and third post WWII near wedge - C-MON "Wedge" 11/16 near wedge. The seller described the razor as mint. To my eyes, no one has ever used this razor - but who knows. This is my first vintage razor in such condition. Pretty cool that something made in the 1950s (?) can be in such good condition.

20210910_210705444_iOS.jpg

20210910_210822055_iOS.jpg

Why do you think it was priced low?….. condition? The scales look immaculate. Usually a filly will command higher prices just because of what they are.
This seller did not appear to be part of the "straight razor community". He did have two other razors for sale, but most of his items were not razors. Based on the photos, I too was surprised that nobody jumped all over this one. I offered much less than asked and was surprised that it was accepted. But it stood untouched for several days, so I assume the seller went with a "bird in the hand" idea. The seller accepts returns if there is a problem. But the razor does look unused and the seller claims to have gotten it from a collector.

If you search, the seller has a vintage Dorko and vintage Hoffritz also in unused condition. I suspect they are from the same collector's lot. The Dorko is very tempting. The only reason I have not offered on these is because "I HAVE TOO MANY RAZORS!"

This seller did not appear to be part of the "straight razor community". He did have two other razors for sale, but most of his items were not razors. Based on the photos, I too was surprised that nobody jumped all over this one. I offered much less than asked and was surprised that it was accepted. But it stood untouched for several days, so I assume the seller went with a "bird in the hand" idea. The seller accepts returns if there is a problem. But the razor does look unused and the seller claims to have gotten it from a collector.

If you search, the seller has a vintage Dorko and vintage Hoffritz also in unused condition. I suspect they are from the same collector's lot. The Dorko is very tempting. The only reason I have not offered on these is because "I HAVE TOO MANY RAZORS!"
That’s impossible, one can never have too many straight razors!

Yes, Revisor spit back a three-razor order I tried to submit a few months ago.

Good to know as they have awesome razors, why not ship to countries assuming we or me USA?
Are they in france?
Hopefully razor will arrive soon or a empty box[emoji21]
This past few months got hooked on owning a German vintage straight,, after 7 months in and other razors, lightbulbs went off , need to try German vintage straights, got hooked
Stumbled on Dorko , she will be my first full hollow Dorko

why not ship to countries assuming we or me USA
I successfully ordered a Revisor (in Germany) earlier and at the time Deutsche Post was not accepting air shipments so it got routed by boat and took well over a month. I didn't really mind and even wrote them to tell them it had arrived safely. I got the sense that they had been getting a lot of complaints. When I did some shopping later in their 'rarities' section and attempted to order it was rebuffed due to shipping concerns. I was not going to argue with Revisor about what shipping methods they will or won't use, so just moved on. I have ordered and received other razors from Germany that were shipped by DHL and they came rather quickly (although at added expense). Many items sourced from Germany have had ups and downs related to shipping (for me, bikes and bike parts, primarily).

Japan seems to be no problem these days. My nightmare origin at the moment is Italy — I regrettably purchased two razors at different times and one took almost two months to arrive; the other is still in limbo but short of the point where I will abandon hope. :)

I have a new razor arriving from Andrey of Gipson Razor in the Ukraine. I love my Saito SK3, and contracted with Andrey to purchase his homage to the Japanese SK series of smiling razors. This is what it looks like. It’s due to arrive today
2A657E9C-F807-41D5-9A27-B870F754F65F.jpeg
38B2A764-F317-4214-9DD9-76DE915F0CD0.jpeg
8DD0F0EB-D554-41DA-80C9-59484AF343E2.jpeg
D4DFEE85-AA82-4FE9-99B6-50EA651A1EBF.jpeg
! Looking forward to shaving with it. It will be the widest blade razor in my collection. He named it the ”Katsumi” 14/13 half hollow

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Good to know as they have awesome razors, why not ship to countries assuming we or me USA?
Are they in france?
Hopefully razor will arrive soon or a empty box[emoji21]
This past few months got hooked on owning a German vintage straight,, after 7 months in and other razors, lightbulbs went off , need to try German vintage straights, got hooked
Stumbled on Dorko , she will be my first full hollow Dorko
It was a fluke getting a Dorko as my first straight close to 30yrs ago. Salesman must have steered me in the right direction. I was clueless about straights, other than I wanted one. Still using it, yours looks great. Enjoy!
9687021B-E7F3-4E25-88B3-FD4AC055C7C4.jpeg

It was a fluke getting a Dorko as my first straight close to 30yrs ago. Salesman must have steered me in the right direction. I was clueless about straights, other than I wanted one. Still using it, yours looks great. Enjoy!

In what type of store did you buy the Dorko?

I remember people buying razors in drugstores before the Internet, but I have no memory of straight razors. If I could go back in time, I would buy a very large bag of straight razors.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
In what type of store did you buy the Dorko?

I remember people buying razors in drugstores before the Internet, but I have no memory of straight razors. If I could go back in time, I would buy a very large bag of straight razors.
Same. House of Knives in Vancouver BC, more kitchen knives and such, but also sold straights and safety razors, brushes, blades and soaps. I remember them having a broad selection, but as stated, I was way in over my head. Still operating locally and providing all the gear.

Top Bottom