What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

A vintage Wacker razor with three pins, and a very minty 6/8 blade! Amazing!
C0BB1624-0076-4315-A7B6-A15BC6DE4094.jpeg
7717661C-BE95-4A11-AC71-54B86F24711A.jpeg
7D589143-10C3-44A0-8346-18EA77247AD9.jpeg

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg

I've been searching for a Dublin made razor for a while. Managed to finally pick up this Thos Reynor off ebay for US$17. The scales are ivory but one has a chunk missing. I'll have a look in my spare parts bins and see if I've got another matching side somewhere. If not I'll re-scale it. The blade looks like it should clean it nicely.

Hi all

Seeing a few Koraats in this thread so thought I'd share a pic of my new (and first) Koraat razor which arrived today.

It's a 14-2.0, but when I saw the customizations offered for that model, I wasn't that blown away by the options. Thankfully, Ulrik was happy for me to raid another Koraat customization list to go a wee bit off-piste.

I added Black and White streaked horn as the scale material, chose a different scale design, and added some nickelsilver bullseye rivets and wedge.

Tomorrow's shave can't come soon enough :wink:

Cheers
Duncan

koraat.jpg

Hi all

Seeing a few Koraats in this thread so thought I'd share a pic of my new (and first) Koraat razor which arrived today.

It's a 14-2.0, but when I saw the customizations offered for that model, I wasn't that blown away by the options. Thankfully, Ulrik was happy for me to raid another Koraat customization list to go a wee bit off-piste.

I added Black and White streaked horn as the scale material, chose a different scale design, and added some nickelsilver bullseye rivets and wedge.

Cheers
Duncan

View attachment 1149725

I want those scales for my blades grim razor.

Hi all

Cheers
Duncan

Well, that was an outstanding shave! Great weight, and incredibly sharp, but smooth and comfortable with it so at no point did I feel like my life was in any kind of danger :wink:

Admittedly, I haven't got much experience with custom straights, having shaved with a plethora of mostly vintage razors and assorted shavettes, but consider me a convert.

Roll on tomorrow!

Top Bottom