What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

and just dropped for this one. 11/16

I liked the eagle and e pluribus unum

20200521_164049.jpg

camo

Legion

Staff member
Bet you that is a Dubl Duck Gold Edge with a different badge. I've had a few German razors with that look, and I'd bet money they all came from the same factory with different names. Good score.

Bet you that is a Dubl Duck Gold Edge with a different badge. I've had a few German razors with that look, and I'd bet money they all came from the same factory with different names. Good score.

That is what I am hoping for. I had a new old stock goldedge but needed money so I sold it. It was a great razor and I got it at a great price. I've been trying to replace it but ones in that condition are just too expensive.

Hibbard Spencer Bartlett & Co. caught in the wild today.

and a magnetic closing shadow box which I will convert to a usable razor case.....less than $10!!!!!! on sale. robbery.

20200530_142942.jpg

I think I'll be able bring the razor up to ready on the ark or 12k.....but wont know until I clean her up and get to work.

camo

Hibbard Spencer Bartlett & Co. caught in the wild today.

and a magnetic closing shadow box which I will convert to a usable razor case.....less than $10!!!!!! on sale. robbery.

View attachment 1107016

I think I'll be able bring the razor up to ready on the ark or 12k.....but wont know until I clean her up and get to work.

camo

after going 8k, Ark, and 14k it started clipping belly hairs like I'm used to.

20200530_172627.jpg

cleaned up nice to me.

will see tommorow.

camo

Got it this week- spent two days honing it and finally realized I’d never ever lapped my finishing 15k Chinese ceramic finisher. Today, I got my FIRST EVER DFS, my wife kissed me and said, “I thought you were going to use the new one, did you use your old one?” (Meaning safety razor) -she couldn’t tell! It took some work on this stainless piece, but after 2 days (about 10 hours of work) of honing, I finally got an even bevel across the entire length. Lapped the dang finisher- presto! I named it Natasha 😂 I’ve mastered the straight razor shave and honing with this one. That makes this one special.

“Yahta” Stainless Straight Razor
Made at the Labor Factory,
Vacha, USSR -1967
EFDD9546-6B6F-4AC6-AB96-1A5691E30237.jpeg
712B0451-CA8F-42B5-A653-ABAC29C831C5.jpeg

my torrey "artist" arrived today.......although not advertised as shave ready it is extremely sharp.

distraught that I would not have an razor to hone as I anticipated, I went to the antique store I went to last weekend.....knowing one more candidate was there on the cheap.

5/8 and a skinny one at that.....

Van Camp Howe and Iron Co. "Raola"

20200606_161140.jpg

I knocked some junk off of it but have to charge the dremel more to clean her up completely. from what I see already should be salvageable. I know my antiques are probably boring and underwhelming to most.....but I'm enjoying the learning lessons each one provides. I got this one knowing it would need honed from bevel up. will have a chance to evaluate the Shapton 1.5 Kuromaku stone that arrived this week.

my scales should arrive monday for the Darling straight........so I can work on that later in the week.

be well all.

camo

my torrey "artist" arrived today.......although not advertised as shave ready it is extremely sharp.

distraught that I would not have an razor to hone as I anticipated, I went to the antique store I went to last weekend.....knowing one more candidate was there on the cheap.

5/8 and a skinny one at that.....

Van Camp Howe and Iron Co. "Raola"

View attachment 1110050

I knocked some junk off of it but have to charge the dremel more to clean her up completely. from what I see already should be salvageable. I know my antiques are probably boring and underwhelming to most.....but I'm enjoying the learning lessons each one provides. I got this one knowing it would need honed from bevel up. will have a chance to evaluate the Shapton 1.5 Kuromaku stone that arrived this week.

my scales should arrive monday for the Darling straight........so I can work on that later in the week.

be well all.

camo

did some research.

make that VanCamp Hardware & Iron Co.

apparently of Indianapolis in my state!!!

camo

Top Bottom