What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

The mysterious William S. Turner. Can't find any info about it!

20200320_193622.jpg

20200325_223054.jpg

I got this on the bay not too long ago. Nice little nimble razor. It doesn't look like it was ever honed until tonight. Does anyone know anything about this razor.

View attachment 1078652View attachment 1078653View attachment 1078654View attachment 1078655View attachment 1078656View attachment 1078657View attachment 1078658

The box says "The famous Solingen sword-lion high-performance razor" on the main part and the rhyme on the lid says, roughly, "Use the sword-lion every time and you'll be satisfied year-round!"

Well, it's taken an awful lot of time but I can proudly present my two latest acquisitions.

Months ago I got in touch with Drew Dick and commissioned him a traditional kamisori, with a twist. A couple of them, rather. Lovely guy Drew, very patient, bore with me every step of the way and tended to all my demands which I am extremely grateful for.

I will upload his pictures, they do her more justice than mine could ever do.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Here she is with the guard Drew made for her based on my specifications.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

But that's not all. I lucked out on one of the raffles Drew does from time to time on his buy group, I won this beauty, 8/8 half hollow canister Damascus on Elforyne scales.

So, in the end, the long wait was well worth it.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I hope you guys like them.

Well, it's taken an awful lot of time but I can proudly present my two latest acquisitions.

Months ago I got in touch with Drew Dick and commissioned him a traditional kamisori, with a twist. A couple of them, rather. Lovely guy Drew, very patient, bore with me every step of the way and tended to all my demands which I am extremely grateful for.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

But that's not all. I lucked out on one of the raffles Drew does from time to time on his buy group, I won this beauty, 8/8 half hollow canister Damascus on Elforyne scales.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Both razors are incredible looking. Congratulations.

Just took a chance on the Bay. Not sure of any history, but for twelve bucks it was too cheap to pass up. Looking forward to it arriving and seeing what needs to be done to bring it up to spec. And I seriously have to stop buying straight razors!

View attachment 1079056

View attachment 1079057
I almost tried to snag this up with 35s left but honestly I thought, someone else needs to enjoy this. I hope you do!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just took a chance on the Bay. Not sure of any history, but for twelve bucks it was too cheap to pass up. Looking forward to it arriving and seeing what needs to be done to bring it up to spec. And I seriously have to stop buying straight razors!

View attachment 1079056

View attachment 1079057

I didn’t stop buying razors, I only buy nicer razors, months and months apart.... Keep up the good work! Look at it like you are adopting homeless filthy razors, If it makes you feel better...

Nice score!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

So clean, beautiful. Congrats!!!

Top Bottom