What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Thank you sir, the credit goes to Alfredo - Doc226 - for those beautiful scales. They’re lined with black G10 to make them stable, so that does take some of the drama away.

That guy... he didn’t want to work with it several years ago.... now I need to hit him up for a pair of Spalted Magistracy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henckels Friodur 14 ... on the way !
s-l160011.jpg
s-l160010.jpg

NOS Wapienca SFK RASIERMESSER MIT METALLSCHALEN

Notice that the straight razor is completely sealed in a thick plastic envelope (see picture nr 3) and covered in protective grease. I bet you can store it in the ground and it will be ready to use for generations to come. I will not open it any time soon, it is my 4th Wapienca straight. They are very nice shavers, heavy grind and very good steel, I like them a lot.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

NOS Wapienca SFK RASIERMESSER MIT METALLSCHALEN

Notice that the straight razor is completely sealed in a thick plastic envelope (see picture nr 3) and covered in protective grease. I bet you can store it in the ground and it will be ready to use for generations to come. I will not open it any time soon, it is my 4th Wapienca straight. They are very nice shavers, heavy grind and very good steel, I like them a lot. View attachment 1072727View attachment 1072728View attachment 1072729View attachment 1072731
Very, Very Cool! I especially love the Stainless/Aluminum scales. I have a couple razors with scales like this, both are Bismarck razors. What a tresure!

Stopped in to one of my honey holes this afternoon, after voting and found this cute 5/8 covered tang Fairy Razor, by Peter Ludwig Schmitt, Elberfeld-Solingen. Some of the writing was rubbed off, but after a lot of digging the back side says, “XX real german made Mark and hollow ground.” The scales are imitation ivory, but the tang appears to be true ivory, it is much more fine and white than the scales.

(1896, no. 12711): Peter Ludwig
Schmidt, Elberfeld. Registry class: 9b.
Company still in operation under another name. I bet it is 1920’s-30

Should hone up well, feels great in the hand!
proxy.php

proxy.php

Stopped in to one of my honey holes this afternoon, after voting and found this cute 5/8 covered tang Fairy Razor, by Peter Ludwig Schmitt, Elberfeld-Solingen. Some of the writing was rubbed off, but after a lot of digging the back side says, “XX real german made Mark and hollow ground.” The scales are imitation ivory, but the tang appears to be true ivory, it is much more fine and white than the scales.

Really jealous of that covered tang. My next straight purchase will have a covered tang or a worked/etched spine, I think. The rest of the razor is nice too, lol

(1896, no. 12711): Peter Ludwig
Schmidt, Elberfeld. Registry class: 9b.
Company still in operation under another name. I bet it is 1920’s-30

Should hone up well, feels great in the hand!
proxy.php

proxy.php

Is that Ivory, or fuax? Beautiful either way

Top Bottom