What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Heljestrand No.7, late version with the model number on the tail.

Heljestrand no7.jpg

I ran into Mary Jane today.

Screenshot_20190711-182237_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190711-175010_Gallery.jpg

Not sure who made this one but doing a quick search, I ran across a Henckles Mary Jane.

Catching up with The Drool Thread is always fun. I'm all caught up, and drooling.

Two more Japanese razors have arrived.

View attachment 998311

This is a nice Spalding (made by Tanifuji). It's supposed to be shave ready (and might be). It's my third razor made by Tanifuji; nice little collection I have now, and they're all great.

View attachment 998312

Here's my first and only H. Diamond. I know the edge is a great one because of who the vendor is. This one wasn't cheap by my standards, but it may have been a bargain. Boy, do I like it or what!

I'm sure you noticed it's shoulder-less.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I’ve bought a few items from the Spalding vendor. I think he uses a few layers of tape when he hones.

Haha no worries. I’m trying to pick up most of the mk series myself.
Remember that there's no difference between a razor marked M.K. (Magnus Kindal) and one without the marking given that the model number is the same. This rule had one exception, the M.K. version of No.24 has a longer blade.

Remember that there's no difference between a razor marked M.K. (Magnus Kindal) and one without the marking given that the model number is the same. This rule had one exception, the M.K. version of No.24 has a longer blade.
Good point thanks for the info! I’ve acquired a few blades so far. Thinking I need one or two more;)

Forgive me father for I have sinned... once again. I really try to minimise my acquisitions these days, but sometimes I can't help but placing sniper bids that I know shouldn't have a chance to win. Then again occasionally they do. This NOS 7/8 full hollow will be my last Dorko.

Dorko346.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Forgive me father for I have sinned... once again. I really try to minimise my acquisitions these days, but sometimes I can't help but placing sniper bids that I know shouldn't have a chance to win. Then again occasionally they do. This NOS 7/8 full hollow will be my last Dorko.

View attachment 998740

Very nice! In all respects it's a beautiful razor.

SummerBegins.2019.Dorko.1stShave.Kit.640JPG.JPG

Looks familiar.

Ain't sniping great? I actually entered a high bid, but won the auction at one of the lowest prices I've seen for these (looking at the history of their sales).

This is your last Dorko? Everyone who believes that is standing on their head out in the middle of the lake, Arne.

Congratulations and happy shaves,

Jim

Very nice! In all respects it's a beautiful razor.

View attachment 998763

Looks familiar.

Ain't sniping great? I actually entered a high bid, but won the auction at one of the lowest prices I've seen for these (looking at the history of their sales).

This is your last Dorko? Everyone who believes that is standing on their head out in the middle of the lake, Arne.

Congratulations and happy shaves,

Jim
Thank you Jim, I've had had a sniper bid for this razor for sometime, but my bid has always been too low. Summertime there are fewer bidders so it's easier to get better prices. I really like my Dorko razors.

The last year or two I've felt that enough is enough. I guess that the feeling I get when looking at my razor collection is as close as I ever will get to the feeling a billionaire gets when he can't decide on which sports car he's to choose for the day. Even so I don't want to part whit any of the razors I already got. They are all carefully picked over a period of more than a decade.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?

View attachment 998740

The exact reason I stopped looking long ago!!
Congratulations

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thank you Jim, I've had had a sniper bid for this razor for sometime, but my bid has always been too low. Summertime there are fewer bidders so it's easier to get better prices. I really like my Dorko razors.

The last year or two I've felt that enough is enough. I guess that the feeling I get when looking at my razor collection is as close as I ever will get to the feeling a billionaire gets when he can't decide on which sports car he's to choose for the day. Even so I don't want to part whit any of the razors I already got. They are all carefully picked over a period of more than a decade.

My collection isn't in the league with what I know yours is (and I suspect my glimpse of yours is just that), but I know the feeling. I have so many great razors both in terms of their shaving qualities and abilities and in terms of their looks and other appealing attributes.

That's said with some understanding of how much more glorious the collections of other gentlemen must be by what I see displayed on The Drool Threads (like this one).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom