What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

After reading Arne's post comparing the Puma 52 to a Tiger 37 razor, I've been looking for a 52 (I've about given up looking for a Tiger), and just found this old beauty in near NOS condition. I'm thinking it must be an early model, based upon the way "Puma" is stamped, but I'm hoping someone can date it for me.
puma_52_-_1.JPG

After reading Arne's post comparing the Puma 52 to a Tiger 37 razor, I've been looking for a 52 (I've about given up looking for a Tiger), and just found this old beauty in near NOS condition. I'm thinking it must be an early model, based upon the way "Puma" is stamped, but I'm hoping someone can date it for me.
View attachment 1057456

Can’t help with that year but wow she’s a beaut!!! Nice find congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r), and just found this old beauty in near NOS condition. I'm thinking it must be an early model, based upon the way "Puma" is stamped, but I'm hoping someone can date it for me.
It is indeed in very fine condition. It's also a very good shaver. I can´t date it better than "sometime between the mid twenties and mid thirties.

View attachment 1059081

J.A. Hellberg. Bought it off Etsy mainly for the etch, but it came to me sharper than any razor I've ever touched. Swedish steel is in a class of it's own.
A Hellberg No.42 if I'm not mistaken and as such the same razor as the Heljestrand 24. Both are very good razors in capable hands like yours.

Just received this beauty today! My first non cheap SR. Cant wait to shave tomorrow!View attachment 1060355
The Flowing is actually the nicest shaver of the Dovo Bismarck series. even if the blade is the same (except for the spine decoration) the notches in the scales aren't there just to look nice. They also makes the razor easier to hold. Sine I'm that kind of person that all my life have been deadly in love with the combination of silver or steel together with black I do also find this version to be the far most beautiful of the four different versions I've got. Congratulations to an excellent razor that is a very good choice as the only razor if you don't want more than one.

Top Bottom