What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

I hear you guys....its the same at my end....been on the road more then ever this year.

Ian that sucks mate but medicine today is better then ever so with your docs help and bit of a life style change things will be good. My doc keeps telling me my job is gonna kill me.....

Yeah i hear you on that i was told to hang my keys up for the big truck, if i carry on i would not be here a year later so i hung them suckers up and fast. Now i drive tippers but its hard its in my blood being a trucker, at this rate i will soon be on a pushbike and Arne will be safe :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Bought this one new...

B31B677B-2CAB-4229-99D7-2A4AE583382F.jpeg

I stropped, shaved, it needs a little finishing...

Gents,

I was deep into SR restoration, honing, etc, up until about 3 years ago (my last post was 2016). I let it go for a while - discovered the Feather shavette and started wondering why I was working so hard on old blades. A few weeks ago, can't explain it, I got the fever again and started scouring the bay for blades. Here's what I have so far. Both blades are in great shape. I'll clean up the scales, polish the blades a bit, and have a go at honing them. Does anybody have any info on Fletcher Hardware, Detroit, MI? On the back of the tang it says "Made in Germany." There's a nice etch on the blade that says "Finest Steel."

Attachments

• IMG_2291.jpg
    IMG_2291.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2301.jpg
    IMG_2301.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2299.jpg
    IMG_2299.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2301.jpg
    IMG_2301.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 27
I know how you feel mate, same here new job more laid back but longer hours and now I have been told I have Type 2 diabetes. So more tablets but we carry on and get through these things.
Hey there Ian. Type 2 Diabetes is very, very, manageable for most folks. I've been a type 1 diabetic, insulin dependent, since 1977. Other than being an inconvenience it hasn't stopped me from doing much of anything. That said, it has caused me to do quite a bit of planning at times.
  • watch your diet
  • follow your doctor's instructions to the letter
  • keep or get your weight in line with your age (no belly fat...)
  • exercise daily (30 minute walks will do your heart and you blood sugar levels wonders
Send me a PM if you want to exchange info...

Bob

Congratulations, Bob. That same razor has been my list for at a least a year. I'm eager to hear your impressions.
Thanks... I'm going to give it a run tomorrow morning. The plan is to use it right out of the box. Hot water will be the only thing on the blade before it touches the soap on my face. I'll do the write-up tomorrow afternoon.

ATB - Bob

Top Bottom