What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Okidoki,
I don't buy many razors these days, but sometimes I stumble across one or two razor that would fill a hole in my measly collection. So today I got three razors delivered:
  • First out is a NOS Heljestrand M.K. No.10 6/8. It's got a nearly microscopic chip in the edge that'll go away with a minimum effort.
  • Then there's a NOS Gong (ERN) 2633 18mm that looks like it just came out of the factory.
  • The third is a NOS late version E.A. Berg. 17mm (it was sold as 18mm!) that has laser etching on the tang. The tang also has some very light pitting that could easily be polished away, but that might remove the laser etching. I haven't decided what to do yet. It also has a very small "dent" on the heel. Still the razor is unused and in first class condition.

Pictures:
View attachment 993968
View attachment 993966
View attachment 993967
That Heljestrand though...:a14:

I think I need one now...... if Arne has one I need one lol.... If that were true....
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:em2300:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Okidoki,
I don't buy many razors these days, but sometimes I stumble across one or two razors that would fill a hole in my measly collection. So today I got three razors delivered:
  • First out is a NOS Heljestrand M.K. No.10 6/8. It's got a nearly microscopic chip in the edge that'll go away with a minimum effort.
  • Then there's a NOS Gong (ERN) 2633 18mm that looks like it just came out of the factory.
  • The third is a NOS late version E.A. Berg. 17mm (it was sold as 18mm!) that has laser etching on the tang. The tang also has some very light pitting that could easily be polished away, but that might remove the laser etching. I haven't decided what to do yet. It also has a very small "dent" on the heel. Still the razor is unused and in first class condition.

Pictures:
View attachment 993968
View attachment 993966
View attachment 993967

Oh, my! What nice razors you've found.

Somehow I think you've misused a word, sir. If all you have is these three razors meager is the wrong adjective.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
If I've shown this one before I don't remember it.

6-26-19.Boker.DamascusMagneticSteel.NeverUsed.640.JPG

It was purchased at auction as a never used, nick free razor. I found a chip or blemish or something significant on the edge and reported it to the vendor but they replied they couldn't see it in the photos they took. Admittedly I saw it with magnification. The scales looked much better in the vendor's photographs, too; the other scale looks fine, and the face side scales are much better in person than in this picture I took. Here's the original listing.

DamascusSteel.Boker.6-26-19.480.JPG MagneticSteel.Boker.6-26-19JPG.JPG Boker.Blade.DamascusMagneticSteel.480.6-26-19JPG.JPG

I'm not sure this was a good purchase but maybe it will work out well. Today I honed it on the Double Convex Ark (both sides). I'll find out when I shave test it if it's sharp.

I'm concerned about what looks like a blemish on the edge, but not enough to raise hell about it. I'm not likely to deal with the vendor again unless the razor really really impresses me as a shaver. I do believe it came to me unused, but saying the edge was nick free means something different to me than what my loupe shows me plus my interaction with the vendor left a bad taste in my mouth. I was not trying to get my money back and I was polite and straightforward but treated as if I were seeing something that wasn't there.

Again, not enough to raise cain over.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Stalvaru A.B. No 15 Eskilstuna Sweeden. A very nice blade. I have found on the net that Stalvaru A.B. was a steel import/export company

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Shave mail...Razors previously mentioned have arrived.

6-28-19.RazorStand.480.JapRazor.JPG

Razor display stands. Two of them. Arrived today from England.

6-28-19.JapaneseRazors(2+1).480.JPG

Two Japanese razors + a bonus (free) razor from the vendor's heart.

6-28-19.Herder(s)Two.480.JPG

NOS Herders.

Happy shaves,

Jim

BEEF8CA2-E829-47F0-8C72-52C3246C24BC.png 949126C0-CE5F-40ED-AC06-FC27AB4D36DF.png 68615086-860B-4BD8-A6F5-1ED47EE71089.png ED017DF5-B307-4BA1-8652-F5A4D69F3C85.jpeg 3270AC6C-2361-4992-A33E-8C782E92E1DF.jpeg Picked up this Ern from the bay pretty ugly (first few pics from eBay) next are just after a quick scrub at home with dish soap and toothbrush to get the grease and oils that were covering it off. I’ll re scale and full blade restoration next pics to follow

Hi Jim,
Over the years I've bought several razors from this seller. I've always had to pay a handsome sum of money, but I've always got what I've payed for and I'm pretty sure you will too. He's got a stock of these razors so you can rest assured that it will be NOS. Hopefully, but you can't be certain, it'll be shave ready. What you can be certain of though it's that you've got yourself a first class Solingen razor that'll bring you joy for the rest of your life. The hole in your wallet will hopefully be filled soon and will be forgotten. The fine razor won't. Congratulations.:c9:

Hi
What’s the name of the seller?
Thank you

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Top Bottom