What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Borris i think that one may be a fake....you better send it to Arne aka Polarbeard for authentication and validation..... :001_302::cornut:

This is sound advice, I’d do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course, I did reach out to @Polarbeard first, but I'm starting to believe he has too many now. :D

The only bad thing about this specimen is that it isn't in my razor cabinet, but as Boris correctly pointed out I've got too many already :001_smile. When Boris asked me I gave him the only sensible advice I could give: Buy it! It is a very very fine specimen of a Heljestrand full hollow razor. If you don't want to sell one of your kidneys to afford a pristine Heljestrand this standard version 5/8 full hollow shaves exactly as well as the MK No.31. I hope you'll like it.
Congratulations!:a50:

Unfortunately seller's definition of "shave ready" doesn't fully match mine, so this one will need a bit of honing before it can be fully and fairly judged. As it stands now, I do not have the skill or tools to hone, so, you know..... no pressure @6Cuda6 ... if you value quiet family time during holidays more than helping a fellow straight shaver, it's harsh, but I can certainly (try to) understand that. :D :D :D

It's looks and feels like a "smaller" 5/8 (if that makes any sense), but I'm certainly glad I was able to find one.

Picked up this little 4/8 Korn dressed in red/white/blue striped scales....a little polish and it will be just as good as new....
20181217_130755.jpg

Borris no no no we need the Christmas scales, its the way we know its Christmas as I keep trying to hang the decs up but they keep falling down....

Of course, just trying to give @6Cuda6 hard time over those "unique" scales.
But agree with you, we do need it, in fact, I was even promised to be allowed to see it in person sometimes soon, maybe even around Christmas time. :D

Nice one, have fun with it, but that's a great "first razor".

Everyone kept raving about Aust, so I just had to try one, and I must say, even after having high expectations, I'm quite impressed with it, great razor.

Thanks. I have enjoyed using it and now considering a 6/8 from him. If it happens you will know!

Oh nice ones for sure!!

Thank you sir. I wish I knew the year on the TI razor. I grabbed it on that good ol' auction site for a ridiculous price. Not sure if it's vintage or relatively recent production. It shaves like a dream though!!!

They said "go to straight razor forum, you'll learn a lot and it'll be fun, and... they are nice folks there".
So, I did, and, well.... this one came my way one day after I decided to take a break from buying any more razors.

Given the reputation, it was hard to pass on opportunity to own one, so I took an easy way out.

IMG_20181218_222840~2.jpg

Very nice!!! I've looked into Brian Brown too. Once my budget allows I have him and several other artisans on my radar.

They said "go to straight razor forum, you'll learn a lot and it'll be fun, and... they are nice folks there".
So, I did, and, well.... this one came my way one day after I decided to take a break from buying any more razors.

Given the reputation, it was hard to pass on opportunity to own one, so I took an easy way out.

View attachment 936468
Borris thats a beauty!! At the rate your going you will have a razor from all the modern makers....i might have to let you see one or two that are not as main stream on social media but never the less incredible in their own right so you can add a couple more. :001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:

Very nice Brian Brown straight. Congratulations.

Very nice!!! I've looked into Brian Brown too. Once my budget allows I have him and several other artisans on my radar.

Borris thats a beauty!! At the rate your going you will have a razor from all the modern makers....i might have to let you see one or two that are not as main stream on social media but never the less incredible in their own right so you can add a couple more. :001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:

Thanks guys, this one really looks and feels "special" I must admit.

@rfn379 that's a funny word you used there... budget. Well, I can tell you this one wasn't in my budget, but that's what budgets are for, to be blown right ? :D

@6Cuda6 Oh, I looked at that "other" side, believe me, that's how that Heljestrand made it's way into my modest collection. I just need to "talk to someone" about overcoming my dislike for pitting and rust, there must be "forums" for that right ?? :D :D

Top Bottom