What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

View attachment 932111 View attachment 932112 View attachment 932113
Sorry about the crappy pics, but I just got this Ralf Aust that I have been wanting for a while. My only other straight is a Gold Dollar, and this is quite the improvement! The thumb notch on the Ralf Aust is not something I am used to, and it is making me alter my grip a bit, but I'm sure I'll get used to it in no time. This razor is fantastic!
A truly great razor, it is as good as it gets. Congratulations

His factory edge was superb. I'm not sure what he uses to finish, but it was just super smooth and sharp as all get out. I did a few tests before the first shave (thumb pad, HHT, treetop, etc.) and it passed them all with flying colors.

Very nice, this is the rumor, I wondered if it was true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry about the crappy pics, but I just got this Ralf Aust that I have been wanting for a while. My only other straight is a Gold Dollar, and this is quite the improvement! The thumb notch on the Ralf Aust is not something I am used to, and it is making me alter my grip a bit, but I'm sure I'll get used to it in no time. This razor is fantastic!
Oh my, that's a HOSS. Congratulations. Superb!!!

Looks better than anything I've gotten. WD 40 would be easier than removing the scales, but like all things, "YMMV".

True but if rust is forming its better to remove the scales and kill the rust before it gets worse, plus its a better job as I can put a brass washer in between to help keep water out from the pivot.

Another DD that soon is to get its gold back I presume?

Arne!! While the blade is out why not give it It's looks back to how it was.

C.V. Heljestrand MK No. 10, 6/8+ 1/2-hollow

12.2.18C.V.Helj10_2.jpg

Dont worry about the light it fades lol....

LOL, well it's good thing I'm not afraid of the dark! I set a goal for myself [to sell of my two of my other hobbies] to buy a lathe, belt sander, forge, etc. so I can do restos, take a shot at turning some handles, and hammering out some SR's (I have some forging experience). Every time I get a little cash it's gone before I know :/

Nice DD! I'm a big fan of them, something about the scales they used really attract me to them!

Nice razor! That's a good looking blade!

C.V. Heljestrand MK No. 10, 6/8+ 1/2-hollow

View attachment 932148

Very nice!

Top Bottom