What's new

Straight pour of bourbon, neat, what is your go to pick

This does not keep it under $50, but as of right now Peerless Bourbon, single barrel, barrel strength, sweet mash. The only version I can speak for so far is "Split Decision." But I am anxious to try the other barrels.

Bookers! I enjoy barrel proof (uncut with water). But I agree with a previous commenter about adding ice to release the sugars.

So, a friend of mine gave me a bottle of Angels Envy Cask Strength (2016) for my 50th birthday, and, damn him, that has kickstarted a new interest in bourbon for me. For an everyday bourbon, and great for the Old Fashioned cocktails I’ve developed an affinity for, I‘ve gravitated toward Wild Turkey 101. I find it delicious and hard to beat for the price.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Right now I'm really enjoying Bowman Brother's Small Batch. Its best neat, by far. I don't know how available Bowman Brothers is outside of Virginia, but if you have the means, I highly recommend picking it up.

I've been a long time fan of Bulleit Rye as well as Four Roses. However lately anything that isn't excessively cheap will wet my whistle just fine as long as I use my Glencairn and can enjoy the notes and flavors.

Top Bottom