What's new

Storing soaps

I was also pointed to Anchor Hocking and Sunburst Bottle for sources of glass and plastic containers in a multitude of sizes. Some are sold individually and others by the case.

This one, for example, is 65 cents and has a diameter of 2 7/8":

proxy.php

Just so I'm clear, you both mean this type of thing (in the appropriate size):

proxy.php

You leave the soap in the container all of the time and build the lather in your bowl or on your face.

I also see a few references on the boards to people melting their soap. Is the purpose of this to get the soap to fit nicely into a different sized container? How do you actually melt the soap? (I'm sure this is covered well in another post, I just can't seem to find it.)

Thanks.

Yep, those are the one's. If it's a glycerine soap you can melt it. Melt it with ten second intervals in your microwave. Just enough to melt it and not ruin it. If it's triple milled soap you are going to have to grate it and mash it into the bowl's.

Clayton

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the humble shaving mug! :ohmy: When I was a one-soap-at-a-time guy, I kept my puck in an Old Spice shaving mug. It doesn't have to be a shaving mug per se, either ... coffee mugs, soup bowls, latte mugs ... they would all work fine. Now that I have many different soaps, I find myself employing many of the suggestions listed here - mugs, storage containers, wooden bowls, ceramic dishes, etc.
i melted one VDH and stuck a second in the middle, the IKEA GRUNDTAL tins are ok.
That looks cool! Forgive me, though ... what's the purpose of having one puck sit higher than the rest?

I have a few old spice mugs, but I always get worried about my brush handles either damaging the mugs or vice versa. I've been wanting to try out one of those green rubber mugs since I've made it a goal lately to stick with one soap until I kill it before moving onto the next.

Top Bottom