What's new

Storing injector razors, particularly Supply

What is the best practice for storing an injector razor for a period of time when you use other razors? Is it to leave the old blade in, so that the next injection goes smoothly? I have a Supply SE, if that matters.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
What is the best practice for storing an injector razor for a period of time when you use other razors? Is it to leave the old blade in, so that the next injection goes smoothly? I have a Supply SE, if that matters.
Not sure if it's "best practice", but I think most of us just leave the blade in place. I'm a vintage-only guy, so I don't have any experience with the Supply -- but if it's an injector, than I would think it's a "leave it in until it dies" kind of blade storage.

It's said that the old blade needs to be left in the Schick injector as it helps to keep the new blade aligned while being injected. This keeps the edge of the new blade from running against the stops. So with the 20 injectors that I own, I leave the blade in. I will try to get 4 or 5 days of shaves out of one when I use it so that I'm not wasting blades. And I give the razor a basic cleaning before putting a new blade in. This is why I like the E-style Schicks with the movable springs the most. You can clean them better. But I still put the blade back in those before injecting a new blade.

Because the Supply SE can be disassembled and have the blade loaded by hand, you can remove the blade and store it separately. Or, just clean and dry everything and reassemble with the blade. It's not really needed, but can be done with the Supply V2 and SE models. Frugal Shave on Etsy makes 3D printed blade driers for injector blades and can also be used to store a blade for later use. There is no wrong answer to this question, as long as the tool is properly rinsed clean.

Keep the old blade in, as it facilitates loading the next blade.

For extended storage, keep the razor and blade clean and dry and kept in a drawer, preferably in the small box it came in. Never drop a razor. Razors (like babies) don't like to be dropped.

Because the Supply SE can be disassembled and have the blade loaded by hand, you can remove the blade and store it separately. Or, just clean and dry everything and reassemble with the blade. It's not really needed, but can be done with the Supply V2 and SE models. Frugal Shave on Etsy makes 3D printed blade driers for injector blades and can also be used to store a blade for later use. There is no wrong answer to this question, as long as the tool is properly rinsed clean.
This! But only because a Supply can be disasembled. Otherwise leave the blade in.

...Never drop a razor. Razors (like babies) don't like to be dropped.
:lol1:Good one!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
If a fellow wants to leave the blade in the razor all I would do is rinse razor well in hot water give it a puffs of air and then towel dry any moisture off and stick it in the stand. The hot water that you rinsed the razor with will heat the razor metal to help evaporate any moisture in those hard to reach spots quicker IMO. I found amazingly how well a blade edge holds up just in a bathroom atmosphere.
My Schick injectors have the blade in the razor for many months until a new blade is injected to start a new cycle over.
I have some E & G Schick injectors I take the blade out because it is easy and the less blades to have in those razors I figure.

Top Bottom