What's new

Store bought BBQ sauce

Sweet Baby Ray's and Sriracha sauce mix

Yes! Sweet Baby Ray's as others have said is a bit too sweet but it makes a good base for adding other ingredients to balance the sweetness. I mix with (1 or more) Apple cider vinegar, Sriracha, Gochujang...

I am that curmudgeon that doesn't like sauce on his barbecue, but there are lots of other places where I like it, like on grilled chicken or pork. (Grilling is not barbecuing!) My favorite, bottled or home made, is H-E-B Texas Style. Not too sweet or thick but not too vinegary or watery, plus it brings just a lovely amount of heat. I am blessed to be able to shop at H-E-B!

My baseline is without sauce but I don't mind adding sauce afterwards. I am not a fan of over-complicated rubs though. Lately I've been going with Central Texas style 50/50 salt/black pepper rub for just about everything.

I think Sweet Baby Rays is terrible and generally prefer a spicey sauce. I was spoiled in Tucson because there was a local place called Bubb's Grub and they have one of the best sauces ever.

Sweet Baby Ray's uses high fructose corn syrup. That makes lt a 'best to avoid if possible' choice imo.

If I were to purchase a store-bought sauce, I would read the ingredients list and make sure it did not contain HFCS.

Not a Big Fan of Barbecue Sauce, But Family Likes D.B. Yummers and Had Good Things To Say About Cashmans. Both are Local Operations. Like To Support Those When I Can.

Last time i got sauce was heinz bbq sauce i use it for whenever i have snags on bread or some chips and i want a change from tomato sauce...sometimes with steak..i havnt tried stubbs yet but want to

for a bottle .. KC Masterpiece but I don't use it for actual BBQ cooking. For that I use a McCormack Dry Rub... Grill Mates Smokehouse Maple. Good stuff

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Stubbs had always been my go to when I didn’t feel like making my own. I bought this at a local grocery store (not a chain) and it it quickly replaced the Stubbs in my fridge. 1D4CB4C6-5D42-431F-8D99-D9FF0F1BE38F.jpeg

If I had to choose a sauce I will pick Arthur Bryants original more than anything else. I still like trying different sauces.
I did like going to Billy Sims BBQ here where I live until they closed because since they did not serve fries all the so called BBQ snob knowitalls social media shamed that establishment until they closed.

Top Bottom