What's new

Stone holder suggestions?

Need your opinions on the best or ideal stone holder. It can be a purchased unit or even something you wish someone would make.

Bench cookies work well. And Amazon has some stones holders for cheap. Some guys use a piece of thick rubber. They all work.

I purchased my "Bench Cookies" from Amazon.ca (noting that you are in Canada) - search Bench Pucks. They are thin sponge circles for adhering to hockey pucks. They make a great base for razor hones. I never looked for anything else once I found these.

Powertec 71013
proxy.php

Amazon $17 prime shipping

Bench Dog Bench Cookie works good too
proxy.php

Hmmmmmm not sure how those would work with the JNat i have.

This is what I use. It holds the vast majority of my JNats. Unless the ends have really wonky angles, it should grab it well enough to hold the stone. The 3 piece design works well dealing with irregular shaped bottoms, the middle piece can be slid wherever to adjust for any uneveness. Some guys like just rubber blocks. I like the added stability of slight pressure holding on the ends. If a favored stone of mine is really out of wack (shape wise), I will make a dai if its bigger than a small koppa.

Most of the time hand holding.
Or using only the lid from a shapton plastic storage box with a slate between the lid and stone used for honing.
Or just 2-3 slates to get the correct height.
Hållare_1.JPG Hållare_2.JPG Hållare_3.JPG

Top Bottom