What's new

Stone Cottage Cream Sample Pass-Around......US Tour.

I'm hanging at my office, where it's being shipped, waiting for it, on a glorious sunny day. The office is about 90% empty...

Come on USPS!!! You can make it through snow, so sunny days should be even faster!!!

Happy Shaving
-Chris
US Army Veteran, Foxhole Shavers Club Member

I had to leave the office. According to tracking, it still hasn't arrived. I'm planning to drop by tomorrow to pick it up. Let's hope it shows soon!

May I be added to the reserve list? Didn't catch it early enough. This is such a great community. I should have lurked less, lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I've been tracking all day. I checked about half an hour ago, and it hadn't been delivered. I just checked again, given that it's 5:00 here in Seattle, and USPS now claims it was delivered at 10:20 this morning. I can't pick it up from work tonight, but I'll train in tomorrow to pick up the goodies. It'll be fun, as we're part of a big music festival on the Seattle Center campus, bands will be performing, the weather will be in the 80s, and I'll get to sniff some new shaving creams.

I've been tracking all day. I checked about half an hour ago, and it hadn't been delivered. I just checked again, given that it's 5:00 here in Seattle, and USPS now claims it was delivered at 10:20 this morning. I can't pick it up from work tonight, but I'll train in tomorrow to pick up the goodies. It'll be fun, as we're part of a big music festival on the Seattle Center campus, bands will be performing, the weather will be in the 80s, and I'll get to sniff some new shaving creams.
Nice! Enjoy the weather, music and the good scents..........

Just stopped by the office to pick up the package! I sat at my desk and sniffed all 15 of the samples. I wore Black Ship Grooming's Captain's Pipe aftershave, which has real staying power, this morning so my sniffer was off a bit, but I did the best I could. Some of them smell like some of the soaps/creams I already have, so they'll be riding the pine. The others I prioritized. The winner, based on a hasty trial (the sun is blasting!), is Coconut Sandalwood, which I plan to use tomorrow. On deck is Musk (a scent I don't have in pure form except for Clubman musk aftershave, which I haven't used in a couple of years). My plan is to ship them off to the next lucky soul a week from tomorrow. Thanks, Gus!

Just stopped by the office to pick up the package! I sat at my desk and sniffed all 15 of the samples. I wore Black Ship Grooming's Captain's Pipe aftershave, which has real staying power, this morning so my sniffer was off a bit, but I did the best I could. Some of them smell like some of the soaps/creams I already have, so they'll be riding the pine. The others I prioritized. The winner, based on a hasty trial (the sun is blasting!), is Coconut Sandalwood, which I plan to use tomorrow. On deck is Musk (a scent I don't have in pure form except for Clubman musk aftershave, which I haven't used in a couple of years). My plan is to ship them off to the next lucky soul a week from tomorrow. Thanks, Gus!
Glad you finally got them. Enjoy the shaves amigo.

I had my first shave today with Stone Cottage. The Coconut Sandalwood retains its tremendous scent throughout the shave. And the lather! It exploded into a scuttle-full with very little effort. It reminds me of Castle Forbes and Baume.be, my two best lathering creams. I used the same amount I use with those two creams, but it was too much. Tomorrow I'll scale back with the Musk. This stuff is the real deal. Thanks for letting us experience SC, Gus!

I had my first shave today with Stone Cottage. The Coconut Sandalwood retains its tremendous scent throughout the shave. And the lather! It exploded into a scuttle-full with very little effort. It reminds me of Castle Forbes and Baume.be, my two best lathering creams. I used the same amount I use with those two creams, but it was too much. Tomorrow I'll scale back with the Musk. This stuff is the real deal. Thanks for letting us experience SC, Gus!
The scent is amazing with the Coconut Sandalwood. Just fills the room. And you're right, you don't need much to get these creams to create an enormous amount of lather. And the residual slickness is pretty darn good also. How was the post shave feel though Scott?

The scent is amazing with the Coconut Sandalwood. Just fills the room. And you're right, you don't need much to get these creams to create an enormous amount of lather. And the residual slickness is pretty darn good also. How was the post shave feel though Scott?

Awesome. The lather is very thick and moist, with no drying action. Like Nuavia, it feels like one could choose to skip the aftershave. I always use an alcohol splash after shaving, however, and Derby City Chop Shop, with its vanilla notes, fit perfectly.

IMG_0087.JPG
I used the Musk this morning. The scent is amazing, and nothing like my bottle of Clubman Musk aftershave! Same tremendous lather as the Coconut Sandalwood, although I used a lot less product today. A little dab 'll do ya, and at $18 for six oz., I'm confident I'll be buying some. You can't see very well, due to the losing combination of my office lighting, my iPad camera, and my photography skills, but perhaps you can see how much more of the Coconut Sandalwood (on the left) than the Musk (on the right) I used in one shave. (I believe these containers are .4 oz. each.)

Again, the lather was thick, creamy, rich, moist and protective. I'm surprised, actually, that this cream isn't getting more love. As I mentioned before, Castle Forbes and Baume.be are also wonderful creams of the snurdle type, but I'm not sure they're any better, and I believe they cost more. I'll have to compare SC to Wm Neumann, my favorite cream, which squirts out of a big, ole eight oz. jug, like hand lotion. I haven't used Neumann in a while, so I'll reach for it after I send the SC box on to the next fortunate soul. I also like XPEC and Meissner Tremonia creams, but they are "hard" creams that load out of the jar. I put them in a different category.

Thanks again, Gus!

My sentiments exactly. Not a lot of recognition for SC creams. But the performance to price ratio is a tough combo to beat. And the scents! Oh My!!!!

Over the last few days, I've used the Suede Kashmir, Coconut Holiday and Vetiver Vanilla. Every scent and lather was amazing. The cream is really, really easy to lather up. It's a very thick and moist lather that doesn't need a ton of water. I'm really enjoying this stuff. I don't believe I've ever used the same brand of soap or cream for five days in a row, as I need variety. The tremendous variety of scents, however, has kept me happy with SC!

Just chiming in, enjoy your shaves SC creams are excellent. I bought 2 samplers for myself months ago and ended up getting tubs of Hesperide and Suede de Kashmir. Almond Flower was another excellent scent but it's similar to a few florals I have otherwise I would own it too.

Just chiming in, enjoy your shaves SC creams are excellent. I bought 2 samplers for myself months ago and ended up getting tubs of Hesperide and Suede de Kashmir. Almond Flower was another excellent scent but it's similar to a few florals I have otherwise I would own it too.

I believe the Suede de Kashmir is my favorite so far, and I've got Hesperide on deck for tomorrow. But I've actually enjoyed them all.

Top Bottom