What's new

Stolen goods.

I had a rather unpleasant surprise today. Nothing beats finishing up your final exams and coming into your dorm room to find stuff stolen. I had my laptop charger and a few text books stolen, but more disappointing than that I had two of my favorite pipes stolen along with a a few tins of tobacco. I guess the point of this thread is to ask if anyone has had similar experiences with pipes or tobacco being stolen?

Sorry that happened to you, it is unpleasant for sure - and expensive too. In answer to your question, no, I've never had that happen - but then again, I don't live in a dorm and my wife is an unlikely pipe thief...or maybe she is? Now I'm wondering.

I'm sorry to hear about the theft. I've had stuff stolen from my car a few times and I know how it feels. Not much you can do except move on. Hope the exams went well... good luck!

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Oh man that’s horrible. When I was in college, I left the rent envelope (cash) on the TV for the landlord. Next day he said he did not see it. Several people were in and out and I had an idea who took it, but no way to prove it.

Who steals pipes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never had a pipe/tobacco stolen, but I did have all my bowling equipment taken from my car once, so I can understood the emotions involved. :(

In college someone broke the window of my car and stole some textbooks and my book bag with all of my notes. This was a week before finals. Sorry this happened to you. [emoji3525]

I’m so terribly sorry this happened. Especially around the holidays. I also hope your finals went very well and that you are gearing up for some down time with family and true friends. What pipes were they? What tobacco did you lose?

My dorm was burgled my freshman year, I moved to a fraternity house the second semester which is an entirely different story.

Either I or my roommate didn’t lock the door after leaving for class one afternoon. His desk area was always spotless and ship shape, mine was a mess with stacks of books and notes all over. The theives took all of his engineering and math textbooks and some other things as I recall. From my mess they took a textbook I was using for notes that cost less than $5, a bic lighter and half a carton of Camels out of my drawer. They ignored all of my expensive economics texts and math books for a $200 total take.

I’m so terribly sorry this happened. Especially around the holidays. I also hope your finals went very well and that you are gearing up for some down time with family and true friends. What pipes were they? What tobacco did you lose?
Thank you, the finals went well. the tobaccos I lost were a few different unopened C&d burley blends and a few other oddball new tins. Unfortunately also lost a jar of Mcclelland's 2005 anniversary, the pipes were an older estate bent bulldog pipe and a pipe my dad made.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
My daughter had the Mona Lisa stolen from her dorm room. The insurance company is giving me a really hard time about it.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
There’s a room in my house I refer to as the Isabella Stuart Gardener Museum annex. ;)

Top Bottom