What's new

Stolen goods.

My great grandpappy, Eduardo de Valfiernouch, orchestrated the 1911 theft of La Gioconda in 1911.

You didn't think he would return the original, did you? :001_tongu

I thought that Vincenzouch Peruggia got busted in Florence with the orig trying to pawn it off.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I loathe thieves. I remember working a lot of overtime around 1990 to buy my Grail guitar- a used Gibson Les Paul. Even used, they cost a bit of money. My uncle, who was a musician (and who got me into so many different varieties of music) and a drug addict at the time (didn’t know that) came and visited us. He left one day, and my Les Paul was gone. I haven’t picked up a guitar since. When you hold a Les Paul, you know their is nothing better.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I loathe thieves. I remember working a lot of overtime around 1990 to buy my Grail guitar- a used Gibson Les Paul. Even used, they cost a bit of money. My uncle, who was a musician (and who got me into so many different varieties of music) and a drug addict at the time (didn’t know that) came and visited us. He left one day, and my Les Paul was gone. I haven’t picked up a guitar since. When you hold a Les Paul, you know their is nothing better.
Ugh

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Damn. Just imagine what it's worth today.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member

I sold my Les Paul after less than a year of having it. I'm a Fender guy. :001_smile

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Damn. Just imagine what it's worth today.

Probably around $1500. :001_smile Post 1985 Gibsons don't hold their value nearly as well as the ones produced in the Kalamazoo, MI factory. It's similar to the CBS-era Fenders.
I bought it used in 1989- believe it was manufactured in 82.
I sold my Les Paul after less than a year of having it. I'm a Fender guy. :001_smile
I like both. If I ever get another LP, I am going to do the Jimmy Page Super Circuit to it.

Top Bottom