What's new

Stirling - Wow!

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Dave, you've made me very happy, that you gave Stirling a chance. I too have a thread where I have been posting all my love for Stirling. I really am not surprised, that you are loving their scents. I haven't bought any of their aftershaves yet, I only own their shave soaps, bar soaps, and alum block. But overtime, my Stirling collection will keep expanding. Right now, the only companies I am interested in, is Stirling and Captains Choice, both provide me the happiness I want.

Now, I want to see some pictures from you Dave, don't let me down now, your the amazing Deadpool afterall! Show me your Stirling superhero tools. HEHE 😍
16520267425221601376626644605840.jpg

I forgot the pineapple aftershave but you get the idea 😉

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Frozen Tundra
Iced Pineapple
Margarita's In The Arctic
Black Cherry
Sunflower Fields

Stirling has good performance for the price and an overwhelming selection of scents. I think I've tried 14 different Stirling soaps but those are my faves.

I have been wanting to get some Stirling soap for a while but haven't pulled the trigger. Does anyone know if they have a Vetiver scent? Or a woodsy scent? I also really like bourbon scents.
Go on to the Stirling website and click on Shave Soap. Once you are on that page, look at the left side and you will see drop-down menus for Collection, Scent and other filters. Under the Scent menu is Vetiver. Click on vetiver and you will see those that are currently available. The current ones do not appear to me to be vetiver centric.

A full-on vetiver centric soap that is seasonal and not currently available is Port-au-Prince in their mutton tallow base and is all essential oil. I love their mutton tallow base.

For a bourbon scented shaving soap, I would recommend another artisan, MacDuff's and their Back Country Bourbon shaving soap.

Last edited:
I have been wanting to get some Stirling soap for a while but haven't pulled the trigger. Does anyone know if they have a Vetiver scent? Or a woodsy scent? I also really like bourbon scents.
I'll be interested to hear the suggestions. Scent descriptions are so difficult as they mean so many different things to different people. I'd love to find a Stirling analog to Cremo's reserve blend (black tube with red and gold : aka no. 13?) which is described as bourbon, oak and vetiver. To me it has an almost peppery spiciness note to it.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
View attachment 1452492
I forgot the pineapple aftershave but you get the idea 😉

I really love the look of this lineup! You got a nice blue razor at the beginning, delicious soaps and aftershaves at the center, then an absolutely gorgeous what looks to be a silver tipped badger brush, with a universe handle at the end. See, now this is what I am talking about. Deadpool can never go on a mission, unless he's freshly shaven first. With a good razor in one hand, and an amazing brush in the other, no whisker who dares to pop its way out of your skin is safe.

Whiskers the arch nemesis, shall be expunged! Right now Dave! Absolutely wonderful lineup, I love every bit of it, especially that brush! Good stuff my friend 😍

Go on to the Stirling website and click on Shave Soap. Once you are on that page, look at the left side and you will see drop-down menus for Collection, Scent and other filters. Under the Scent menu is Vetiver. Click on vetiver and you will see those that are currently available. The current ones do not appear to me to be vetiver centric.

A full-on vetiver centric soap that is seasonal and not currently available is Port-au-Prince in their mutton tallow base and is all essential oil. I love their mutton tallow base.

For a bourbon scented shaving soap, I would recommend another artisan, MacDuff's and their Back Country Bourbon shaving soap.
Thank you. I will check it out now.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I really love the look of this lineup! You got a nice blue razor at the beginning, delicious soaps and aftershaves at the center, then an absolutely gorgeous what looks to be a silver tipped badger brush, with a universe handle at the end. See, now this is what I am talking about. Deadpool can never go on a mission, unless he's freshly shaven first. With a good razor in one hand, and an amazing brush in the other, no whisker who dares to pop its way out of your skin is safe.

Whiskers the arch nemesis, shall be expunged! Right now Dave! Absolutely wonderful lineup, I love every bit of it, especially that brush! Good stuff my friend 😍
Thanks mate I got the brush off amazon its a synthetic I just loved the handle and had to have it. The razor is a Yaqi Mellon head in space blue.

I love the scent of Stirling's Barbershop. It has a scent to it that reminds me of my ex-wife's musky perfume. (I am aware of 2 kinds of perfume: musk, and everything else.) To me the classic "barbershop" smell is that of Pinaud Clubman Original aftershave and their talcum powder. This "barbershop" is something very different. What's more, it remains with you as you shave. The citrus-y Electric Sheep I also bought as a sample is a good shave soap too -- but that scent is not my favorite, and it seemed to become less noticeable as I shaved. Barbershop stayed.

Top Bottom