What's new

Stirling Varen Shave Soap Review

I really like the Pine Sheep. I recently discovered that adding a couple frost drops really opens up the piney-ness of it too.
I would not mind if Ron made a glacial stronger version of the pine sheep with some eucalyptus to get a sauna blow your sinuses scent.

Is glacial electric sheep any good?
It is I was very happy that rod made one after giving him the request.
I was happy with electric sheep anyhow but glacial is even nicer. You have to like the scent though citronella 🤛

Attachments

• F0C16DED-CD0F-4132-89EF-615B940305C0.png
    F0C16DED-CD0F-4132-89EF-615B940305C0.png
    1,000.7 KB · Views: 5
Keeps bugs away during the shave😁
I have to stay off this thread … I feel I’m going to be buying more soaps.
Lol I have some extra citronella soap, bug repellent and sunscreen from incognito and the electric Sheep combined nicely for the tropical holidays

I ordered two of the Varen soaps. That aught a hold me for a bit. Kind of sucks that I didn't discover this great soap until Stirling announced the discontinuation of their mutton line of soaps. Scots Pine Sheep smells good but it left me with a bit of irritation about 8 to 10 hours after use so Varen is the winner for me. I also ordered a Haverford shave soap, EDT, aftershave splash and bath soap. My wife really loves that scent. I kinda wish it was a mutton soap but then it would be on the chopping block too.

Do not worry tooo much maybe stirling will keep it as a seasonal special and/or at a premium.
Most mutton lovers would probably not mind paying the same as a big tub for the smaller seasonal tub.

I wonder if the mutton tallow has a higher percentage of saponifiable fats than beef tallow? Or the specific fats that matter are higher percentage. Isn't that all you are doing with tallow is turning fatty acids into glycerin?
My understanding is that the lye converts the fats to salts.

I ordered two of the Varen soaps. That aught a hold me for a bit. Kind of sucks that I didn't discover this great soap until Stirling announced the discontinuation of their mutton line of soaps. Scots Pine Sheep smells good but it left me with a bit of irritation about 8 to 10 hours after use so Varen is the winner for me. I also ordered a Haverford shave soap, EDT, aftershave splash and bath soap. My wife really loves that scent. I kinda wish it was a mutton soap but then it would be on the chopping block too.

After ordering more Electric Sheep and Scots Pine, in a panic I ordered another Electric Sheep and a Varen last night. I think that brings me up to 6 tubs of sheep in reserve?

Top Bottom