What's new

Stirling Syndicate

I wasn't sure what to expect with it...it reminds me of bubble gum. I like it! I wouldn't get the aftershave... personally, I wouldn't want to smell like bubble gum, but that scent for a shave soap I like. 🍬

I was going to say Cherimoya, but nobody knows what that is.

The flavor of the flesh ranges from mellow sweet to tangy or acidic sweet, with variable suggestions of pineapple, banana, pear, papaya, strawberry or other berry, and apple, depending on the variety.[3] The ripened flesh is creamy white.[12] When ripe, the skin is green and gives slightly to pressure. Some characterize the fruit flavor as a blend of banana, pineapple, papaya, peach, and strawberry.

It's hard to not amass a shelf full of Stirling soaps, I'm having to try hard not to buy full size jars of everything I might like. I'd like to use up my current supply before investing in different scents. I settled on a middle ground and ordered some sample pucks of Executive Man, Evie and Hot Apple Cider.
On another note, what would y'all do if there's no balm to go with a particular scent? Evie for example, it has a splash but I'm not a fan of splashes. Though I do have some of Stirling's unscented balm.
Buy the splash and use it to add scent to the unscented balm you have.

I would just add a couple drops to the balm in hand each use.

These are all fantastic scents

Attachments

• 20221022_084700.jpg
    20221022_084700.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Deep Blue Sea has become my favorite shaving soap,
not to the extent that I won't use anything else,
but I like it a lot.
I recently got a sample of Deep Blue Sea aftershave. I have to agree, it's a great scent. One I will be purchasing. The Nag Champa pictured by @Oliviamaynard is different but a clean, nice scent--though it's strong and lingers. I highly recommend only getting a sample before diving in, like with the AS or a bar of bath soap.

So about how long do bars of Stirling soaps usually last? For comparison, a bar of Dove sensitive lasts about 5 weeks with vigorous use. I can squeeze around 10 days out of those sample soaps Stirling gives out.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
So about how long do bars of Stirling soaps usually last? For comparison, a bar of Dove sensitive lasts about 5 weeks with vigorous use. I can squeeze around 10 days out of those sample soaps Stirling gives out.
I get about a month out of Stirling’s bath soaps - not like a triple-milled PdP certainly but not bad either.

2E17C104-B7AA-47B8-B6DE-0F1CB859D9A2.jpeg

Halloween Week / Trick or Treet Week / OCtober

Prep: P.A.A. Cube 2.0

Razor: Alpha Shaving Works Bandit (prototype) w/ (no lather drains) open comb base plate
Blade: Treet Classic

Soap: Stirling Soap Co. - Ramblin' Man
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w / Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave Balm: Stirling Soap Co. - Ramblin' Man
Aftershave Splash: Guerlain Vetiver (used a while afterward)

Today's shave is brought to you buy this Happy (meal) bunch. Let me introduce you to McPunk'n, McGoblin and McBoo.

Some of you may remember these or some of the other variations but these Halloween buckets are very nostalgic toe. So, when McDonald's announced they were bringing them back, I just had to have them.

For today's shave I'm getting one last dance with this absolutely beautiful Bandit by Alpha Shaving Works. Seeing as it's still Open Comb October and that I love this razor's open comb base plate, choosing it was an easy decision.

I paired the razor with the Treet Classic blade that's now quickly becoming a favorite of mine. This shave is the third run with the blade and it performed superbly.

I did a four-pass shave, not so much because it was needed, but more so because I was enjoying this shave and wanted more time with the Bandit. With this said I earned a super smooth bbs shave.

The Stirling Ramblin' Man soap was top-notch and reliable as always. The scent is one of my absolute favorites. It's very smooth and manly. I can't recommend this one enough.

Another fantastic shave in the books on this pre-Halloween weekend.

Ramble on gentlemen and enjoy your shaves.

Stirling's Christmas Eve is available for purchase again. People rave about it. I think I'm going to take the plunge.

Screenshot from 2022-11-01 15-43-55.png

Edit to add:

Scent Description

With a base blend of pine, fir, evergreen, and mistletoe, and top notes of warm vanilla, cranberry, and seasonal spices, this scent is sure to put you in the Christmas spirit.

Last edited:
Stirling's Christmas Eve is available for purchase again. People rave about it. I think I'm going to take the plunge.

View attachment 1549906

Edit to add:

Scent Description

With a base blend of pine, fir, evergreen, and mistletoe, and top notes of warm vanilla, cranberry, and seasonal spices, this scent is sure to put you in the Christmas spirit.
It is my favorite "holiday" soap. I have already started using it along with the matching aftershave....so delightful.

2022-11-04-ShaveOfTheDay.jpg

11/04/2022
Growth: Two day beard
Prep: Warm shower: Stirling Sheep bar soap
Pre: Washed face with Stirling unscented pre-shave soap then reapplied before lathering (warm water).
Brush: Rudy Vey 25mm STF
Lather : Razorock XXX Italian shaving soap
Bowl: Sterling Soap Company collapsible silicone shaving bowl
Blade: GEM Personna SS (D2)
Razor: Micromatic Bullet Tip (MMBT, no shims)
Post: unscented Stirling witch hazel and PAA Mysterium Serum

It is my favorite "holiday" soap. I have already started using it along with the matching aftershave....so delightful.
I just received it. It's a very nice scent ... it's the pine scent of a Christmas tree and frosted cookies that are cut in the shape of Christmas trees. Sounds overpowering but it's quite subtle and very Chistmas-ee. :thumbsup:

One of my (many) favorite scents from Stirling
I've never tried it before but it does smell like it's name? Haha.

I tend to lean a bit more towards the cologne scent side of soaps but have been thinking a lot recently about fruit inspired ones. I won this set in a contest and feel that it's a good (timely) entry to get me into the door of some great fruit inspired scents.

I'm glad to hear you like this one that much. It makes me feel like it should be a keeper. Then again just about all Stirling soaps are keepers. 😁

Today:
24mm Synthetic Brush. One of my favorite brushes
Piacenza Soap and Aftershave. The scent helps extend the summer feeling for a little while.

A56886C1-2A66-4E13-AF00-362700666358.jpeg

Tech Tuesday / Exploration Blade PIF / European Week / NOCvember

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 w/ Cube Dock

Razor: Gillette Black Handle Tech (1938-1945)
Blade: Eddison Super Stainless

Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Hot Apple Cider
Brush: Van Der Hagen Pure Badger
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Co. Hot Apple Cider
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

Being that it's very foggy outside this morning I decided to try out Stirling Soap Company's Hot Apple Cider for the first time. It just feels right for today.

Also, being that it's Tech Tuesday I wanted to burst out my recently acquired black handle Tech. This razor is much less common than its all nickel fat handle Tech brother and is a version that deserves a little more attention.

As you all know (or should know) Gillette Tech razors do the job of shaving very well. There's not a lot of fuss with these. Just slap in a blade and away you go.

For today's shave I'm continuing with the Eddison Super Stainless blade, now on its fourth use. Matched up in the Tech razor, this blade showed no signs of slowing down. The blade seems to be holding up very well and continues to impress me.

I did a four-pass shave with some against the grain buffing and earned a DFS+.

The Hot Apple Cider soap did a great job of protecting my face, as all Stirling soaps do and the scent is as you would expect. Appley with lots of cinnamon! Speaking of which, go easy on the aftershave. I uh, poured out just a touch more than I originally intended but being that I'm the type that loves a real healthy dose of aftershave in general, I threw it all on. Boy was I feeling it. That cinnamon really got me. Wooow!

After a few minutes the "Hot" simmered and the fragrance as a whole began to shine. This is definitely a nice scent for the season and upcoming holidays. If you dig hot apple cider consider picking this set up.

Alright gentlemen. That's it for today.

Enjoy your Tuesday and shave on!

Top Bottom