What's new

Stirling Syndicate

For you fans of the mutton base, rod said in an interview on iamcdb's channel... "sheep is probably going to get cut this year".
I still have
A full tub of varen which I got when this rumor was aired last time.
Allmost full tub of glacial electric sheep.
Some pine sheep.

And since I roulette them with 40ish other soaps I should be ok long time.

Still have to get Port au prince though….

oh he said this before? Anyway straight from rod, although a year is vague and a large time frame
For many of us, a year is literally nothing. At least the break gives reason to use some other soaps... 😉

On s side note, being blind folded and based on performance alone I hardly could tell apart their regular tallow base from the mutton tallow base, but this is just me. Both are excellent imo.

For many of us, a year is literally nothing. At least the break gives reason to use some other soaps... 😉

On s side note, being blind folded and based on performance alone I hardly could tell apart their regular tallow base from the mutton tallow base, but this is just me. Both are excellent imo.
yeah I only had a sample I don't find it too special, but since some others do at least they won't be surprised if it happens within the year which could mean soon or close to a whole year.

Last edited:
But for me I love my stirling mutton tallow and electric sheep is more or less my standard tropical holiday fix with build in mosquito repellent being able to work in hard and soft water etc…. But if needed I will trade it for arko for those 3 weeks (and a good balm, since arko is drying).

And even then plenty of alternatives in my den to fill the void

Bottom line for me it is no longer worth it to buy let alone hoard because maybe a soap, as, blade, razor, whatever is going to change its formula or going out of business.

There is always an alternative and part of this hobby/addiction is the hunt for those incremental better 🦄

Rofl what is still annoying is this 3 times around the world thread size… wish they had a category stirling brotherhood under which separate threads could be filed.

20220124_125334-01.jpg

:001_wub:

Last edited:
Good morning Gents,

the Stirling SSC razor isn't mentioned too often here... I'd like to change it, but I'm looking for a particular handle first:

Screenshot_20220126-101526_Firefox.jpg

Maybe anyone can help me to find one of them 😀
Thx.

Last edited:
I gave my tube of Proraso cream to a new shaver, so I purchased the Stirling Eucalyptus Mint sample to compare. The Stirling soap is a much brighter and minty soap than the classic Proraso. The cooling effect of the mint is also a bit stronger than the grand Italian standard. Reminds me a bit of a Soap Commander Vision, another favorite of mine, but not as aquatic. I dislike menthol in soap as it reminds me of menthol cigarettes. The mint is very fresh, very cooling, and just delightful.
IMG_20220131_201847343.jpg

20220215_153125-01.jpeg

Inauguration shave with Stirling's ST(andard) plate. The Perma-Sharp is a nice match with this plate.

The shave? It has been what I'd call a very CLOSE shave. The ST plate made for a dramafree two pass BBS result. My cheeks are feeling uber velvety smooth this morning. There was a quite pronounced dose of blade feel whilst shaving with a steep handle position with this plate which mellowed as soon as I raised the handle to a neutral/shallow angle. Very smooth strokes followed as soon as I applied a shallow angle. I got reminded not to loose respect once (a tiny nick only), but overall the shave was dramafree.

My initial impression is the level of efficiency of Stirling's ST-plate is at least similar or even on par with "two passes can complete the shave for me"-razors like Mühle R41or Blackland's Blackbird. The blade feel maybe is even a tad higher with the Stirling ST than with the razors mentioned, but the ST plate is nothing to be fearful of. The agressive HA plate, however, is a different animal, that's for sure. Jeez...

Anyways, this is just a first impression which perhaps has to be confirmed with some side by side shaves. But this is a story for another day...

Happy shaves!

PS: I'm still looking to buy the Austin handle for this particular razor
(as stated above) 😉

Last edited:
Got a few samples today. Piacenza, Bergamot & Lavender, and Shadow Orchid. Also got a sample of the Shadow Orchid EDT. I *love* Tom Ford Black Orchid, was curious how close this is. It's pretty close. I'd say it's slightly more floral and less "dry" than the original. Not as dark if that makes sense. Haven't decided whether I'm going to spring for the real thing; I do like it better.

Also got a bag of Tanzania coffee.

Top Bottom