What's new

stirling soap

I like it a lot. The scent is really close to the original green bottle Polo. Takes me back to my middle school days.

Stirling always performs too. Love their splash and balm as well.
Awesome!! So glad to hear that you like it and that it brings back good memorie!

Fully agree regarding Stirling’s performance and their other products.

I'm enjoying Stirling's glacial line of products. Tried out their Glacial lemon soap yesterday, was surprised at it's aggressive cooling. Like shoving my face into an ice bath. Ended up with a decent enough shave as well.
I predict I'm going to have an entire tower of Stirling soaps within a month or two

I'm enjoying Stirling's glacial line of products. Tried out their Glacial lemon soap yesterday, was surprised at it's aggressive cooling. Like shoving my face into an ice bath. Ended up with a decent enough shave as well.
I predict I'm going to have an entire tower of Stirling soaps within a month or two
I got close to 20. Once you start buying stirling, it's hard to stop. You see one scent, you want that. You see another scent, you want that and it just keeps going on from there. I have all of their glacial soaps and they are just incredible at cooling your face down.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
So for those who have, or will have eventually, excessive amounts of Stirling soap, does it have an expiration date?

All soaps have a reported average shelf life of 7-years. But this only applies to fragrance! After 7-years, the soap will still be soap, it will still do what its intended to do. And if you have a puk for that long or longer, just get some essential oil, and put a few drops of oil in your lather you work up, which will restore some fragrance. I haven't had soap that long, so I don't have to worry about none of that lol.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
but they keep asking if I am robot--a challenge I can't resolve.

I had the same problem with Pasteur’s and also eBay France. Pasteur’s seems to be fixed now, I completed an order over the weekend. Before I could not complete an order.

I completely agree with you. Stirling seems to find itself in between Hard milled soaps like MWF and the true "Croaps" like TOBS offerings in the tub.

Proraso would be a cream in my opinion.

I recently purchased about 8 samples from Stirling. Each one was a complete PITA to remove the cello from because it was a little softer than what I am used to. However, the performance and the scents are top shelf and some of the very best if not THE best artisan soaps available.

Stirling is my new favorite.
here is what I did with my samples. received on a blistering southern day, they were quite soft and yes hard to remove from packaging. I stuffed them down inside the little mason jars. I believe these were $10 for 12 at walmart. good enough fit, they do not perfectly fit down, but the soap seals the jar and you don't get water in the bottom of the jar. the stickers peel right off and can be slapped on the lids. the varen stayed on my hand for the rest of the day despite 18 hand washes.
stirling soap.jpg

I recently began using Stirling's Barbershop soap. I love the thick, creamy, extra slick lather that it generates in my lathe bowl!!
barbershop is my favorite. I currently have 3 full size stirling pucks (barbershop. marg, and executive man) and wouldn't change those for the world... shots in the dark starting out and damn I did well. I also have 9 sample pucks (agar, sandpiper, weekends in malibu, coniferous, all awesome... I'm forgetting some too, all pictured above) and 3 other soaps from other brands. but barbershop is like coming home. I love that dang soap. I am waiting on an AS and half tempted to get the EDT. awesome, awesome scent. perfect, for me.

I've been working on a sample puck of Lemon Chill for the past week and a half. Wonderful scent, smooth lather, calming cooling effect.
I think I'm developing an addiction to Stirling soaps, I just loaded a cart full of Glacial products (Electric Sheep, Strawberry Lemonade, Wintergreen) Frost drops for my tub of Unscented w/ beeswax, two bottles of aftershave balm, and a silicon bowl for travelling.

Nothing but, good things to say about Stirling Soaps. And quite frankly, everything else just as well sans the coffee as I have not sampled any of their offerings. I’ve enjoyed every offering that I have purchased from them with some of the Glacial soaps and splashes as my favorites such as Gin&Tonic, MITA & Citron. But, there are two that I truly enjoy from Stirling and that is Hipster and the set up below in the picture, Campania. Neither are offered anymore as I can’t recall if they were limited releases or just didn’t get the love from the shave world and were summarily dropped. Campania is a nice dupe of Acqua di Parma’s Fico di Amalfi. Not as natural smelling or as vibrant & juicy as ADP’s but, for the $$ it’s a great scent especially if one loves green fig leaf with a nice citrus accord to accompany the fig note. The splash and edt are real solid companions to the soap and amplify the green fig plus citrus notes giving nice scent wafts of it during the wearing. Hipster is just that, sort of a hippie type vibe scent that reminds me of the Haight - Ashbury scene in S.F. when I was a bit younger and visited back in the mid 80’s which was nothing like the 60’s from what I gather & hear. Clean, citrus, marine and a bit of a cannabis type accord. Not for everyone but, I love it to be honest.

Stirling has a scent for everyone and with customer service, quality and affordability that is second to none, it could be ones end all be all in soap & shave toiletries. Good stuff, period.

9B6BD044-CCBC-4940-B7E3-24F206F05F34.jpeg

My only issue with Stirling is that it feels like the soap base sometimes overpowers the actual scent. It has happened with other bases, so it isnt a uniquely Stirling issue, but it does keep me from them.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Initially, I wasn't a big fan of Stirling although they had a few scents that I really liked. I took to their mutton tallow base and bought several of those. But in the last three months, I've been using their regular, beef tallow, base soaps and having great success with them. They're reasonably priced as artisan soaps go and their selection is tremendous. I also use their bath/hand soaps, Witch Hazel and Aloe, body wash, aftershave, cologne and coffee products. Uhmmm...yup...I'm a devotee!

I’m toying with the idea of buying a soap puck instead of a tub. I noticed there’s a significant savings. Theoretically if I actually finish a tub I could clean it out and pop in the replacement puck. Anyone do that?
I've only ordered the pucks (because I'm ahh.....frugal...) and because they are a little softer, I'm able to put mine in my vintage Old Spice mugs. I'm using Piacenza soap and splash for the warm weather months and when it finally cools off, I'll go back to Sandpiper.

I don't see how the mutton tallow soaps aren't the highest rated soaps. They are noticbly superior in slickness and actually hydrate the skin.
I have absolutely noticed a difference in how soft my legs are.
At first I thought maybe it's just that it's new, but over time I absolutely see a big difference.
The scents obviously aren't as good as beef, but for the purpose of shaving it's the best by a good margin.

Why isn't this the highest rated most recommended shave product for anyone that says they have sensitive or dry skin?

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I don't see how the mutton tallow soaps aren't the highest rated soaps. They are noticbly superior in slickness and actually hydrate the skin.
I have absolutely noticed a difference in how soft my legs are.
At first I thought maybe it's just that it's new, but over time I absolutely see a big difference.
The scents obviously aren't as good as beef, but for the purpose of shaving it's the best by a good margin.

Why isn't this the highest rated most recommended shave product for anyone that says they have sensitive or dry skin?
It’s certainly one of my highest rated soaps.

I completely agree with you. Stirling seems to find itself in between Hard milled soaps like MWF and the true "Croaps" like TOBS offerings in the tub.

Proraso would be a cream in my opinion.

I recently purchased about 8 samples from Stirling. Each one was a complete PITA to remove the cello from because it was a little softer than what I am used to. However, the performance and the scents are top shelf and some of the very best if not THE best artisan soaps available.

Stirling is my new favorite.
To open the Stirling samples, I take an X-acto knife, pierce into the thin side and run it around the outside circumference of the sample. The cellophane comes off easily in two circles.

My 3 favorite soaps are Shannon's Soaps, Stirling and ToBS. I recently got the Margaritas in the Arctic Glacial - perfect for thre Arizona summers. The ToBS Tobacco Leaf is a good fall/winter soap, and Shannon's Indigo Oud is an alltime favorite.

I was recommended Stirling Shave Company's soaps only a couple months ago and decided to jump in blind with these choices.

7397936E-4043-4FA1-AB0D-27D5D6FF0B8B.jpeg

After I received these and tried them I was sprung.

I went back and explored their site and found that they have a sample offer I couldn't pass up. 5 samples for $18.95! What a steal.

I jumped on these...

112337C5-4636-4451-9C70-7037BC142553.jpeg

As you can see I also purchased their green tubs. The soap pucks are only a little bit smaller so all I did was press the soap a little too spread them as wide as the tub.

@Titleist @BSawhill
A tip I can provide is to use a box cutter or razor blade to cut the cellophane on the back side near a seam, then pull it apart. The cellophane typically rips along the seam.

As far as scents go, I'd say that Piacenza, Ramblin' Man and Light-ish Red are by far the best. They're all good though.

Mountain Man, Arkadia and Executive Man are the next runner-ups. Sandpiper and Haverford are also very good in their own right but there has to be an order of opinion.

In case you're wondering, their aftershave balm will last even longer than the soap. You only need small pea size to cover your face. I'm telling you, this is a huge bargain.

The lip balms are awesome as well. I chose pineapple orange for myself and strawberry for my lady. I've been using it everyday and am beginning to worry I'm going to run out. Once I do I'm going to have to place another order. Needless to say I'll definitely be buying more from Stirling Shave Co.

I was recommended Stirling Shave Company's soaps only a couple months ago and decided to jump in blind with these choices.

View attachment 1482930

After I received these and tried them I was sprung.

I went back and explored their site and found that they have a sample offer I couldn't pass up. 5 samples for $18.95! What a steal.

I jumped on these...

View attachment 1482932

As you can see I also purchased their green tubs. The soap pucks are only a little bit smaller so all I did was press the soap a little too spread them as wide as the tub.

@Titleist @BSawhill
A tip I can provide is to use a box cutter or razor blade to cut the cellophane on the back side near a seam, then pull it apart. The cellophane typically rips along the seam.

As far as scents go, I'd say that Piacenza, Ramblin' Man and Light-ish Red are by far the best. They're all good though.

Mountain Man, Arkadia and Executive Man are the next runner-ups. Sandpiper and Haverford are also very good in their own right but there has to be an order of opinion.

In case you're wondering, their aftershave balm will last even longer than the soap. You only need small pea size to cover your face. I'm telling you, this is a huge bargain.

The lip balms are awesome as well. I chose pineapple orange for myself and strawberry for my lady. I've been using it everyday and am beginning to worry I'm going to run out. Once I do I'm going to have to place another order. Needless to say I'll definitely be buying more from Stirling Shave Co.

You've got good taste there. The vanilla sandalwood is one of my favorites, but I found the lightish red to be just too much and too strong.

Neither my wife or I were too impressed with the lip balm. We've been using the stuff from Avon for ages and liked it better.

I've never tried their balms. Maybe I should.

Top Bottom