What's new

stirling soap

is this soap considered a croap? I gotta say, this soap is extremely long lasting at least to me for being a croap. They fill close to 6 oz of soap all the way to the top pf the tub unlike some other artisan shave soap makers and these tubs when you first get them feel pretty heavy. does anyone else think that stirling is an extremely long lasting soap for being a croap? is there really a better deal than stirling in the wet shaving game? close to 6 oz of soap for under 14 bucks is really unheard at least to me.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
is this soap considered a croap? I gotta say, this soap is extremely long lasting at least to me for being a croap. They fill close to 6 oz of soap all the way to the top pf the tub unlike some other artisan shave soap makers and these tubs when you first get them feel pretty heavy. does anyone else think that stirling is an extremely long lasting soap for being a croap? is there really a better deal than stirling in the wet shaving game? close to 6 oz of soap for under 14 bucks is really unheard at least to me.
1. I would not consider it a croap. 2. It is, IMHO, the best deal in the industry.

Since my splayed wet brush sticks at the stuff while loading,it's a croap for me.
On other soaps like MWF,SV and the pre-Kaizen base A&E ones,the brush just skates around the container ,no matter how violently splayed against the soap.

BTW ,I live in EU and Stirling
soaps cost around 19-20 € per
6 oz .
Still,they are capturing the true spirit of the "american soft shaving soap" .
A generous soap .
Lots of good lather.
Lots of cushion and glide.
Lots of different (rather rich) scents ( Deton-8 is my fav ,with Stirling Gentleman .
Oh ! and Arkadia too ...)
Lots of post shave care.
And still at a competitive price,
even across the pond.

A superb tallow-based croap.
Surely for the gold metal
award of "VFM" ,if you live in
the USA.Just 14$ ?
For 6oz of that bliss ?

Edit: Do not know really how long they should last ,but
it seems that should last
for quite a while .

Last edited:
It's more of a soft soap, i.e. it's not milled to remove more water and make it more dense. Still, Stirling is denser than most of the "cream soaps" out there.

I completely agree with you. Stirling seems to find itself in between Hard milled soaps like MWF and the true "Croaps" like TOBS offerings in the tub.

Proraso would be a cream in my opinion.

I recently purchased about 8 samples from Stirling. Each one was a complete PITA to remove the cello from because it was a little softer than what I am used to. However, the performance and the scents are top shelf and some of the very best if not THE best artisan soaps available.

Stirling is my new favorite.

Found these little single souffle cups laying around with no souffle in them. ;)

The perfect size for Stirling Soap Samples. And they are easily stacked and perfect for lathering right in the cup and the sample stickers can be placed on the bottoms.

Currently have Varen, Sharp Dressed Man and Unscented with Honey in the rotation with these little babies. The half sample is the unscented with honey that the good people at Stirling gifted to me with last month's order.

IMG_20220310_162334871.jpg

Last edited:
Found these little single souffle cups laying around with no souffle in them. ;)

The perfect size for Stirling Soap Samples. And they are easily stacked and perfect for lathering right in the cup and the sample stickers can be placed on the bottoms.

Currently have Varen, Sharp Dressed Man and Unscented with Honey in the rotation with these little babies. The half sample is the unscented with honey that the good people at Stirling gifted to me with last month's order.

View attachment 1422010
Yep
20220310_175452.jpg

Another favorite soap maker of mine (rhymes with strong eye-full :001_cool:) ships their pucks in aluminum tins that are a perfect fit for Stirling samples.

Soap.jpg

My current soap is Cattie's Bubbles--rotating between it and Stirling Barbershop. It yields a thick, extra slick, creamy, lather yielding a great shave regardless of which DE razor / blade I use. I have been try to get through to Catties to leave a review, but they keep asking if I am robot--a challenge I can't resolve.
20220314_062616.jpg

This morning's lathering up.

I recently began using Stirling's Barbershop soap. I love the thick, creamy, extra slick lather that it generates in my lathe bowl!!
I like the Barbershop shower soap bar as well as the shampoo bar as well. Great aroma!!!! And makes my shower smell fresh throughout the day.

Top Bottom