What's new

Stirling Soap Summer setup!!

Just ordered my summer shave soap and post shave setup from Stirling Soap! I went with the Margaritas In the Arctic Glacial soap, aftershave splash and balm. I work 2nd shift and summer time is brutal here in southwest MO. Since I shave when I get off work, I felt I needed something that would cool me down when I get home.

What do you fellas think of this line from Stirling Soap?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220603-230524__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20220603-230524__01.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 62
The balm does not say "glacial" on it, but does it still smell and have that same level of cooling?
It definitely feels very cool and wonderful after a shave. Not as icy as the soap however. I have been using the Lemon Chill balm while on the road lately and some days it’s cool and some days it’s freezing and makes me sweat (the menthol 🤓), I love these two balms with MiTA edging out the Lemon Chill.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Just ordered my summer shave soap and post shave setup from Stirling Soap! I went with the Margaritas In the Arctic Glacial soap, aftershave splash and balm. I work 2nd shift and summer time is brutal here in southwest MO. Since I shave when I get off work, I felt I needed something that would cool me down when I get home.

What do you fellas think of this line from Stirling Soap?

Since your OP showed me that this wasn't just only for soap, but also aftershave, this lets me share three things for you. I love Stirling, in a short time, I've ordered a good amount from them, and just made another quick order this month. But you said specifically, summer time gear! Alright, so here it is!

proxy.php

I've already tried Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill, smells
delicious, performance is awesome, I freaking love it!

proxy.php

I actively use the Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill bath
soap for my facial wash and pre-shave regimen!

proxy.php

The Stirling Spearmint aftershave splash is an
amazing product. Smells amazing, performance is
awesome, menthol cooling!

Did I mention that I love Stirling products? 😍

Since your OP showed me that this wasn't just only for soap, but also aftershave, this lets me share three things for you. I love Stirling, in a short time, I've ordered a good amount from them, and just made another quick order this month. But you said specifically, summer time gear! Alright, so here it is!

proxy.php

I've already tried Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill, smells
delicious, performance is awesome, I freaking love it!

proxy.php

I actively use the Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill bath
soap for my facial wash and pre-shave regimen!

proxy.php

The Stirling Spearmint aftershave splash is an
amazing product. Smells amazing, performance is
awesome, menthol cooling!

Did I mention that I love Stirling products? 😍
You know actually I almost got the lemon chill line first. But after watching a review on the MITA from Mark Szorady, I decided to buy that line instead. I always watch his product reviews before I make a shave purchase... Well except for the PAA Ascension Select lol that was a spur of the moment buy. I think I will order the trial size of the Lemon Chill next week just so I can try it out.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
It finally came in today! Waiting until I get off work tonight to use it. They even threw in a free Executive Man bar soap sample.

Stirling is really good about throwing in bath soap samples with every order that I have made. I have several of them now. I've been working on finishing up a Glacial Lemon Chill bath soap sample. I also have the full sized version of that bath soap too. Stirling is amazing!

I hope that you continue to enjoy the Stirling soap and aftershave products as well. I have Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill shave soap, Black Cherry shave soap, Executive Man shave soap, and the Glacial Spearmint aftershave. I also have their 125G Alum Block.

I didn't realize that I live only an hour and half away from their store. I'm going to have to check it out sometime soon! I ordered the Haverford aftershave splash as well for the weekend use. I wish I had ordered from them sooner. I feel like I have been missing out. Also I was hoping my PAA Amber Aerolite brush would be in today as well so I could use it with my shave tonight😢 Guess I will have to wait for my Saturday shave to use that.

I've not tried those (yet). There's a pot of "Black Ice" keeps grinning at me when I open the cupboard, but I've told myself I'm not starting another until I've finished at least one of the soaps in my current (just over a month if I don't repeat any : four Stirling already on the go) circulation.

Though that one might be more of a "Hah. You call that winter?" soap than something for summer.

I shaved today with my normal La Toja sensitive shave cream. I got a better shave than with the Stirling. I tried two stirling shave soaps and I made sure to soften my beard in the shower and then before I got out I went over it with a fine mist of hot water. Upon shaving with a Game Changer 84p and then a Henson Ti22 ++ (nearly the same blade gap, but the angles are different) I had some difficulty in the same place on my face. It was rough and never did shave down smooth after two passes and many attempts at a touch up. I quit when my face started feeling sore. Today, I went back to the La Toja Sensitive and used the Henson (Feather blade). I did not mist my face at all. I was in a hurry because the physiotherapist was coming over. I got a great shave, near BBS, and only on spot I had to touch up briefly. Hmmmm. 🤔

Of course, that is my face and someone else might find this to be the opposite.

I shaved today with my normal La Toja sensitive shave cream. I got a better shave than with the Stirling. I tried two stirling shave soaps and I made sure to soften my beard in the shower and then before I got out I went over it with a fine mist of hot water. Upon shaving with a Game Changer 84p and then a Henson Ti22 ++ (nearly the same blade gap, but the angles are different) I had some difficulty in the same place on my face. It was rough and never did shave down smooth after two passes and many attempts at a touch up. I quit when my face started feeling sore. Today, I went back to the La Toja Sensitive and used the Henson (Feather blade). I did not mist my face at all. I was in a hurry because the physiotherapist was coming over. I got a great shave, near BBS, and only on spot I had to touch up briefly. Hmmmm. 🤔

Of course, that is my face and someone else might find this to be the opposite.
I have found that since I have been using Proraso pre shave(green), I have had very good shaves. Pretty much every shave since I used it has been BBS or DFS+ without irritation, nicks or cuts and I have used 3 different soaps with same results. You might give that a try if you haven't already. Also it is worth noting I shower after I shave and I think that also helps clear up any irritation and micro cuts when I do get them. I was sure that pre shaves we're a gimmick, just used to make extra money off us. But I decided to give the Proraso a shot since it would compliment the Stirling MITA and found it to be game changing for me. I am glad you have a soap that works great for you😁

Top Bottom