What's new

Stirling Soap Co. Black Friday in July Sale

When I opened my Black Friday order I initially preferred the Oro Valley, but I discovered I enjoyed the Faskally more over time. Both are good, but I think Faskally is a little more elegant and dignified.
Right on! I appreciate your opinion. My choices are all blind except for the Light-Ish Red which I absolutely love.

I wish they would have come out with new scents. I passed on them this past BF and will pass again. This summer's glacial releases were a rerun also. Nothing new. I already have enough Stirling soaps and these are just not exciting to me but YMMV

I ordered the whole set of Faskally to include the fragrance they had from last batch. I have Green, and, am not impressed with the scent so I don't use it. I had to PIF Barbershop because it didn't suit me. It know I like scents based on Tom Ford Grey Vetiver. I'll try to get some shaves in with it to get a feel for Stirling before All Aventus August. I am perfectly fine with using Fine Platinum tallow hard soap all month, but, I really want to give Stirling a fair shake.

Are all these creams? I specifically like only triple milled hard soaps. Just bought 5 soaps from the Maggards sale and they are all soft creams

Are all these creams? I specifically like only triple milled hard soaps. Just bought 5 soaps from the Maggards sale and they are all soft creams
I don’t think this is what you are wishing for. My experience is Stirling shave soaps are soap and scoopable and smear-able in the bottom of the shave bowl. Not triple milled. Not cream or Croap. Large 5.8 oz pours of soap is excellent value and excellent service. Containers are better made plastic than nearly all and they sell refills. Some of the scents are excellent and a few are odd. Some are based on cologne inspirations. Pre, SV, perhaps MDC and/or Canada Shaving Soap -might be what you are looking for.

I ordered the whole set of Faskally to include the fragrance they had from last batch. I have Green, and, am not impressed with the scent so I don't use it. I had to PIF Barbershop because it didn't suit me. It know I like scents based on Tom Ford Grey Vetiver. I'll try to get some shaves in with it to get a feel for Stirling before All Aventus August. I am perfectly fine with using Fine Platinum tallow hard soap all month, but, I really want to give Stirling a fair shake,
In my opinion you're making the right choice. Any of us could pick a soap maker, blind buy and find out the scents aren't to our liking.

I was recommended Stirling and blind bought three. Executive Man, Ramblin' Man and Lightish-Red. I love Lightish-Red but that's me personally. If I'm recommending for someone else is honestly say my favorite is Ramblin' Man. Executive Man is good. Don't get me wrong but for me I took an unexpected back seat to the others.

Because I was so impressed by the soap I bought another five samples. I won't go into all of them but I will say Piacenza is a winner for sure! I'll never not have this soap. I also really like Mountain Man. It's similar to Piacenza but a close second.

Long story short is Stirling make great soaps that are super expensive. You just need to find the ones that tickle your fancy because clearly Green and Barbershop aren't for you.

Let me know what you end up thinking about Faskally. I bought that one too.

I've never tried any of their stuff, does anyone have a top 5 favorites from this sale? payday tomorrow for me. =)
Honestly just click on each soap and read about the scent profile then pick whichever sound appealing to you.

I already own Lightish-Red and love it! It really is one of my favorites thought I know it's not for everyone. This sale I'm picking up Faskally, Tsuka and Alighieri.

Good luck.

Stirling soaps are not creams. They are also not triple-milled. They are solid but not super hard.

You can order a 5 pack of samples if you'd like for something like $19. I think that's a steal. The full size pucks will last a very long time so the value is there. If you've never tried them, give'm a chance. 😉

Is there a place on the forum where these deals are posted? I am new and happened to see the sale, and now I am on the Stirling mailing list.
In this forum.

F8F5D1E1-558D-4AD0-B005-6A90D073EC6B.jpeg

I ordered, and they have not shipped yet. I have too much, so I am not worried. I don't know about your place of work, but it is so hard to find and keep new employees. Nothing has been normal since COVID.

Anyone else who ordered earlier this week experiencing delays in shipping updates?
I placed my other early in the day Wednesday, before the email went out about this event.

I haven't received any shipping notification yet. I assumed my order was on its way.

Comparing to regular 5.8 oz at $ 14.25, these 3 oz at $ 8.75 are expensive.

Repeat as a mantra if you want save money.
Exactly. The 5.8oz is $2.47 per ounce and the sale price on the 3oz is $2.92 per ounce. Why no sale on the 5.8 size?

Also with the green 4 ounce container that the 3oz soaps in the sale come in, will the 4.5oz refill pucks even fit in it? If not what’s the point of them making the green containers if they can’t be refilled with their own product?

Reactions: edw
Top Bottom