What's new

Stirling Soap Co. Black Friday in July Sale

Exactly. The 5.8oz is $2.47 per ounce and the sale price on the 3oz is $2.92 per ounce. Why no sale on the 5.8 size?

Also with the green 4 ounce container that the 3oz soaps in the sale come in, will the 4.5oz refill pucks even fit in it? If not what’s the point of them making the green containers if they can’t be refilled with their own product?

Specialty soaps scents don't come in the 5.8 oz size. They're only sold in the 3 oz size.

The 4.5 oz "refill" soaps and the "sample" 1.1 oz soaps WILL fit into both the 4 oz and 6 oz jars.

Both the refill and sample soaps measure 3 inches in diameter.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Man, was sort of excited. I want to grab an unscented, but they are not on sale. I just don't get on with their scents and I tried a bunch of samples. All too strong for me. The soap itself is a great soap.

Man, was sort of excited. I want to grab an unscented, but they are not on sale. I just don't get on with their scents and I tried a bunch of samples. All too strong for me. The soap itself is a great soap.
I'm curious. What scents have you tried?

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I'm curious. What scents have you tried?
About a dozen. Got the little samples.

Just looked at their site. For sure these, but then a few others I cannot name:
Baker Street
Barbershop
Ben Franklin
Dunshire
Executive Man
Glastonbury
Sharp Dressed Man
Stirling Green

Axe like in scent strength. Not my cup of tea at all.

Baker Street
Barbershop
Ben Franklin
Dunshire
Executive Man
Glastonbury
Sharp Dressed Man
Stirling Green

I had to laugh when I was scrolling through the scents and came across Ben Franklin. Does that smell like money? lol

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I had to laugh when I was scrolling through the scents and came across Ben Franklin. Does that smell like money? lol
No. I don't remember it that well, except it wasn't anything I wanted to shave with.
The website says "Made with Benzoin, Frankincense, Clove, and Nutmeg essential oils. This soap smells like an older gentleman’s pantaloons at the end of a hot July day in Philadelphia, drafting important documents with no air conditioner. It’s actually a very unique scent that reminded a few of my testers of a root beer float. An instant favorite. "

Baker Street
Barbershop
Ben Franklin
Dunshire
Executive Man
Glastonbury
Sharp Dressed Man
Stirling Green

Thanks for sharing.

Of all of those the only one I have is Executive Man which I like but would not say is my favorite. It's good but not the one I like most.

Obviously I don't know your taste but I highly recommend Piacenza, Ramblin' Man and Mountain Man as great general options.

Arkadia and Sandpiper are nice. They're more mellow and smooth. I also have Haverford which I like as well, but to me is more for colder weather.

My not necessarily for everyone recommendation is Light-Ish Red. Personally, I love it. It's strong and beautiful smelling.

If you're willing to do another round of samples you might want to try some of the ones I've mentioned.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Thanks for sharing.

Of all of those the only one I have is Executive Man which I like but would not say is my favorite. It's good but not the one I like most.

Obviously I don't know your taste but I highly recommend Piacenza, Ramblin' Man and Mountain Man as great general options.

Arkadia and Sandpiper are nice. They're more mellow and smooth. I also have Haverford which I like as well, but to me is more for colder weather.

My not necessarily for everyone recommendation is Light-Ish Red. Personally, I love it. It's strong and beautiful smelling.

If you're willing to do another round of samples you might want to try some of the ones I've mentioned.
Thank you. I don't think another round would help. I did not mind a couple of the scents, but the biggest problem for me by far was the Axe like intensity. I prefer subtle with scents unless they are very good scents.

Two soaps I like and tolerate the scent strength are Caswell Massey Number Six and Murphy and McNiel's Claddagh.

I think Sterling is great on the soap quality, but their scentology (for me) leaves a lot to be desired. That's why I'm sure at some point I will get an unscented from them.

"This soap smells like an older gentleman’s pantaloons at the end of a hot July day in Philadelphia, drafting important documents with no air conditioner."
This is a soap I would neither like to bathe with nor shave with. In fact, I hope to never catch a whiff of this soap at any time—especially given the Axe-like intensity.

I also am not a fan of maybe 10 of their scents I have tried. I just don’t want a cologne type scent. Now orange or lemon chill, margaritas in the arctic, almond creme and finally alighieri (only cologne style I can handle so far), I really adore their soaps. Consistently solid and slick, fast lathering and great face feel. Maybe try some of the fruit flavors @Chandu ?

I'm looking forward to trying Alighieri and Faskally. After shaves in 2 oz bottles I got one of the last remaining couple available of Faskally after shave. I'm normally an ASB man but changing things up.

This seams like a deal for someone. B2ACFCFE-45B2-4B35-ACA7-6F6EFF9537C6.png

Top Bottom