What's new

stirling scots pine sheep

I just bought this mutton tallow soap and used it the other day. Had an amazing shave with it and it seemed to me that it may have lathered a bit better than stirling beef tallow shave soaps. It's a mild piney scent. Nothing offensive. Kinda reminds me of stirling's christmas even beef tallow soap which I also have. The only other mutton tallow I have is electric sheep in glacial and this is a fantastic scent in my opinion. I also ordered stirling's frost drops which are supposed to add some cold to your shave. I used it and I didn't feel any cold. Maybe I have used these the wrong way. I lathered up my stirling soap onto my brush and than applied a few frost drops on top of the brush and I lathered on my face, but felt no cold. anyone else use these drops and did they work for them? The mutton tallow soaps are worth it.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I just bought this mutton tallow soap and used it the other day. Had an amazing shave with it and it seemed to me that it may have lathered a bit better than stirling beef tallow shave soaps. It's a mild piney scent. Nothing offensive. Kinda reminds me of stirling's christmas even beef tallow soap which I also have. The only other mutton tallow I have is electric sheep in glacial and this is a fantastic scent in my opinion. I also ordered stirling's frost drops which are supposed to add some cold to your shave. I used it and I didn't feel any cold. Maybe I have used these the wrong way. I lathered up my stirling soap onto my brush and than applied a few frost drops on top of the brush and I lathered on my face, but felt no cold. anyone else use these drops and did they work for them? The mutton tallow soaps are worth it.
You have to shake the contents of the frost drops and add a bunch (10 or so) to make a difference.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I have a bottle of it but never used it. It arrived damaged. The cap was broken. I never addressed the issue. Since I can’t be bothered to look, I’ll ask: is it synthetic menthol? I think that it is. I thought it was primarily for aftershave because to use it on a puck you’d have to reapply it every shave probably. I really enjoy scots pine too.

I love Scots Pine sheep. I have made my own frost drops before by dissolving 5 or 6 menthol crystals in 1.5 oz grain alcohol. Usually only takes 3 or 4 drops to cool the lather down, but if you get it on your skin full strength, woo boy, look out. Perhaps that’s why stirling’s isn’t that strong.

I also ordered stirling's frost drops which are supposed to add some cold to your shave. I used it and I didn't feel any cold. Maybe I have used these the wrong way. I lathered up my stirling soap onto my brush and than applied a few frost drops on top of the brush and I lathered on my face, but felt no cold. anyone else use these drops and did they work for them?
You added after you made the lather and they should be added prior to loading of the brush...

Directions for Use

Shake well before each use. Apply a drop or two directly to soap or brush prior to lathering. Add more drops as needed. Can also be used a few drops at a time to mentholate alcohol-based aftershave products..

I can’t picture using anything to increase the menthol sensation of anything Glacial from Stirling. Those soaps and aftershaves are downright frigid.

Rick

Stirling's mutton tallow soaps are great. Tried most of them at this point. Electric Sheep takes the cake in my house. It's certainly not a deal breaker concerning their beef tallow soaps but I do find (and a lot of other people on here) that their mutton base does have a slight edge in both performance and post-shave feel.

They have been on the fence on whether or not to discontinue the base though as it's getting more and more expensive as time goes on, so if it's something you want to continue using- try to keep an eye out on any update emails from the company regarding the fate of the base.

I got samples of Sheep and Scots Pine Sheep a few weeks ago, and I think they are excellent. The best base Stirling has IMO. They're on my list of favourites. I also got the Stirling drops. I guess there must be a difference in skin sensitivity to menthol for different people. I used 3 drops on my loaded brush (Scots Pine). It was definitely cooling. For me, the strength with 3 drops was in between Floid the Original, and Proraso Green.

Stirling's mutton tallow soaps are great. Tried most of them at this point. Electric Sheep takes the cake in my house. It's certainly not a deal breaker concerning their beef tallow soaps but I do find (and a lot of other people on here) that their mutton base does have a slight edge in both performance and post-shave feel.

They have been on the fence on whether or not to discontinue the base though as it's getting more and more expensive as time goes on, so if it's something you want to continue using- try to keep an eye out on any update emails from the company regarding the fate of the base.
I have scots pine sheep and electric sheep. Electic sheep glacial is an amazing shave soap. The electric sheep scent to me is much better than the scots pine sheep. I also have the electric sheep glacial bath soaps and I LOVE SMELLING THEM when I'm in the bathroom. Lovely scent.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I have scots pine sheep and electric sheep. Electic sheep glacial is an amazing shave soap. The electric sheep scent to me is much better than the scots pine sheep. I also have the electric sheep glacial bath soaps and I LOVE SMELLING THEM when I'm in the bathroom. Lovely scent.

Ahhh yes, life is good when we get a chance to sniff our soaps. Just make sure nobody is looking, they will think your crazy.
:letterk1:

Sniffs my favorite soap. Now key the music 🎵 And can you feel, the love tonight? 😝

Top Bottom