What's new

Stirling Sandalwood

Hey all. Anyone tried Stirling Sandalwood? I have used a couple of their soaps, Margarita's In The Arctic and Barbershop, I really liked the performance but passed the soaps on as the scent(s) were not for me. Sandalwood is my go to scent, and like all the variations of it (well most of them anyway) - some of my favorites are Prorasso, TOBS, DR Harris and Cyril R Salter - 3 very different takes on a famous traditional and masculine scent.

So if anyone has tried Stirling's offering - can anyone describe it, the type (cologne or woodsy??) and how it compares to others.

Thanks

It's one of my favorite scents as well. I'm not very good at describing it so I'll leave that to others. I have both TOBS Sandalwood and Stirling Sandalwood. I've used Prorasso Red in the past. It was OK but I won't be buying more Prorasso.

These days I'm pretty much staying with Stirling (and still using up some TOBS).

I tried Barbershop as well and found it to be too powdery for me. I think of Stirling soaps as being either cologne based, outdoorsy or fruity. I prefer the oudoorsy scents for the most part.

The fruity stuff smells good and makes me want to eat it but it doesn't make me want to put it on my face.

I'm not into cologne but I do like their Sharp Dressed Man which is in that category. I'm not into menthol so I stay away from those soaps as well.

My favorite Stirling soaps are Sandalwood, Bay Rum, Christmas Eve, Sharp Dressed Man, Ozark Mountain, Coniferous and Gatlinburg although the later may be an acquired taste for some.

Last edited:
It's one of my favorite scents as well. I'm not very good at describing it so I'll leave that to others. I have both TOBS Sandalwood and Stirling Sandalwood. I've used Prorasso Red in the past. It was OK but I won't be buying more Prorasso.

These days I'm pretty much staying with Stirling (and still using up some TOBS).

I tried Barbershop as well and found it to be too powdery for me. I think of Stirling soaps as being either cologne based, outdoorsy or fruity. I prefer the oudoorsy scents for the most part.

The fruity stuff smells good and makes me want to eat it but it doesn't make me want to put it on my face.

I'm not into cologne but I do like their Sharp Dressed Man which is in that category. I'm not into menthol so I stay away from those soaps as well.

My favorite Stirling soaps are Sandalwood, Bay Rum, Christmas Eve, Sharp Dressed Man, Ozark Mountain, Coniferous and Gatlinburg although the later may be an acquired taste for some.

I forgot, I have also tried Ozark Mountain and like it. I agree with all this, especially your description of Barbershop and fruity scents. And I too prefer outdoorsy scents. However I do like menthol. If others on here say good things like you do regarding the Sandalwood, Ill probably purchase both the soap and splash, but ill pop a little menthol in the splash.

I also have a couple of Oleo Sandalwood soaps headed my way - looking forward to trying them.

It's a true sandalwood scent. Not that cologne-like fake sandalwood crap that a lot of people do these days. Just pure, natural woodsy sandalwood. With that being said, I couldn't handle the oil. It set my face on fire, and I had to stop using it.

I picked up a bottle of the splash because I have been looking for an inexpensive sandalwood aftershave. It has a very nice, smooth sandalwood scent. Once dry though, i have noticed that it becomes a bit powdery, which I don't love, but its not a deal breaker. I love the opening of it though, it smells very much like GF Trumpers sandalwood cream which is one of my favorites.

I found it difficult to smell the actual sandalwood fragrance in the Soap from Stirling. There were some other things in there that really got in the way as I recall. If you like the fairly authentic scent of sandalwood as found in Proraso red, then I don't think you're going to like Stirling's version. They are very different.

I do really enjoy Stirling soaps. I may actually have more of their stuff than any other maker, because the lather is so good and the price is terrific. So I was a little disappointed that my favorite soap scent, sandalwood, was so poorly represented.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom