What's new

Stirling Syndicate

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I'm a big fan of the handle, too, but finally gave up on the knot.

It went through spells where it got a lot better, but they were intermittent. For a time I thought it would become a favorite. Eventually I decided it was stuck in a place I didn't like so I got rid of it or put it in a box or something. Hopefully I kept it somewhere to maybe use the handle down the road.

View attachment 1022660

My other Stirling brushes (badgers) have been far more satisfactory. I particularly like this one (photo).

Happy shaves,

Jim
I love my Stirling Badger as well...its one of my frequent flyers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

XXX and Piacenza are almost identical, love them both. Another I just picked up is the Chiseled Face Italian Summer soap, and to my nose it smells like the other two but slightly stronger. He is releasing the a/s soon and I am definitely grabbing it!

I've got just the one Stirling soap, Sharp Dressed Man, which I enjoy a great deal. It's a great performing soap, but it's not much of a fall/winter scent. What are your impressions of Sandpiper? I'm really intrigued, but would love to hear a description (beyond the top/middle/basenotes) - anything it reminds you of? I'm probably also grabbing the Sandalwood, but am looking at a couple others too.

Head looks good. I like the shape of the handle, but way too much going on with the pattern / knurling. Messy and excessive. Should have gone with something a little more simple and classic.

One thing for sure, and I am certain others here will agree with me, is that if indeed this puppy takes off and is a real "sleeper" then it couldn't happen to a nicer fella than Rod. I'd much rather give $$ to him than some of the other overpriced artisans (cough!! Wolf.....).

What is likely going to happen, is that we will offer a completely unpolished level (other than normal buffing to remove burrs), which should be in the $100 range and it will only come with our standard handle options, as the art-deco handles have too aggressive of a knurling to be used with out quite a bit of buffing to take the bite away. We'll also have an Electro-polished version (maybe not in the first round) that will also use the standard handles. The 316L handles (Fort Worth, Dallas, and Austin) will only be available in the manually polished version that will be hand polished up to a mirror finish, and will include laser etching of serial numbers and designs on the side of the base plate. That's been the real hold up so far.

no doubt they will be quality, but bummed the unique handles will not be on the $100 version.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
One thing for sure, and I am certain others here will agree with me, is that if indeed this puppy takes off and is a real "sleeper" then it couldn't happen to a nicer fella than Rod. I'd much rather give $$ to him than some of the other overpriced artisans (cough!! Wolf.....).
To be fair the market more than supports his pricing

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Alas, the only Stirling product I own is a synthetic brush, which I'm extremely fond of. I'm sure it'll have more Stirling products to keep it company in the coming year.

Found this on youtube. Rod from Stirling Soap introducing his new stainless steel razor that will probably be out before years end. He mentions that the high polish will sell for around $200 and the matte finish around $100 . Two different heads will be offered. One highly aggressive with a large blade gap and positive blade exposure but extremely efficient and smooth and the other head less aggressive. The razor made in USA 316 stainless steel.

I've got just the one Stirling soap, Sharp Dressed Man, which I enjoy a great deal. It's a great performing soap, but it's not much of a fall/winter scent. What are your impressions of Sandpiper? I'm really intrigued, but would love to hear a description (beyond the top/middle/basenotes) - anything it reminds you of? I'm probably also grabbing the Sandalwood, but am looking at a couple others too.

It is base on YSL La Nuit de l'Homme. Off the soap it smell like a bright cologne smell with the essence of a vanilla cake. When you lather it becomes a young bright with light spice cologne smell. One of Stirlings best smelling soaps.

Top Bottom