What's new

Stirling Orange Chill = WOW!

Tried my bottle of Stirling Orange Chill for the first time since the weather's turned, and holy moley!

This was a really chill blast! The orange scent was great too, I think I experienced at least a little cooling from the scent alone!

But the menthol blast was amazing! I'd put it right up there with Osage Rub, but MUCH better smelling! :w00t:

Tried my bottle of Stirling Orange Chill for the first time since the weather's turned, and holy moley!

This was a really chill blast! The orange scent was great too, I think I experienced at least a little cooling from the scent alone!

But the menthol blast was amazing! I'd put it right up there with Osage Rub, but MUCH better smelling! :w00t:

Have you ever had orange granita? It's a super-refreshing Italian ice dessert. Well, the first time I tried Stirling Orange Chill, I felt as if I had plunged my face into a big bowl of orange granita.

(I'll post a recipe for orange granita in the Mess Hall.)

#1 in my rotation. Love the Orange scent. $2014 003.jpg

I have the grapefruit and I chose to add menthol to it. The grapefruit smell is awesome (though as many citrus scents it doesn't linger very long), like fresh squeezed grapefruit; you can really smell the rind. But oh my god that's a lot of menthol. The first time I put it on I used two splashes as I really wanted to smell the grapefruit. It was about an hour before I could feel my face again!

Now when I use it I use one small splash and I'm very careful to not get it anywhere near my eyes!

This was a really chill blast! The orange scent was great too, I think I experienced at least a little cooling from the scent alone! But the menthol blast was amazing! I'd put it right up there with Osage Rub, but MUCH better smelling! :w00t:

How's the longevity of scent and is there any projection and if so, for how long? Another question I've been asking in the comments to many Youtube reviews of colognes and aftershaves is what's the WTOQ for Orange Chill on a scale of 0 to 10. WTOQ = Women Turn On Quotient with 0 being none and 10 meaning that it's a total aphrodisiac that will cause the wearer to be swallowing salt pills at the end of a date?

How's the longevity of scent and is there any projection and if so, for how long? Another question I've been asking in the comments to many Youtube reviews of colognes and aftershaves is what's the WTOQ for Orange Chill on a scale of 0 to 10. WTOQ = Women Turn On Quotient with 0 being none and 10 meaning that it's a total aphrodisiac that will cause the wearer to be swallowing salt pills at the end of a date?

I shave at night, and I go to bed before the scent wears off, so unfortunately I can't give you a number of hours, it lasts at least until bedtime, which would be about 4 hours.

My female friends tell me that it smells really nice, so that's about as good a report as I can give on the WTOQ.

I shave at night, and I go to bed before the scent wears off, so unfortunately I can't give you a number of hours, it lasts at least until bedtime, which would be about 4 hours.

My female friends tell me that it smells really nice, so that's about as good a report as I can give on the WTOQ.

Thanks for the report. While we all want to use an aftershave that's personally appealing, I'm sure most of us don't mind a compliment or two from a member of the female species. The two colognes that I can remember getting compliments on are Paul Sebastian (the aftershave is great, too) and Azzaro. I can't recall if I've gotten compliments from aftershaves. I really like Brut Dominant, but that only lasts for about 2-3 hours. A friend has told me he's gotten complimented while wearing Brut Dominant, though.

I've bought way too many aftershaves in the last 12 months, and I've made an executive decision that I won't buy any more unless they're of cologne strength or similar to Aqua Velva'd Musk aftershave/cologne which is a powerhouse of longevity and projection.

I live in Phoenix, so I wait until it gets pretty warm (like 110 and up lol) before going to a menthol lineup. I already have lined up (literally on my bureau, they're in a single line) Iced Pineapple, Frozen Tundra, Orange Chill, Wintergreen, and MITA. I also have Barbosol Pacific Rush, Floid Blue, Cryogen, and a Dominica Bay Rum Lime with a pinch of menthol crystals added for variety's sake, but I think Stirling makes a damn fine product, especially when it comes to chilling AS.

I live in Phoenix, so I wait until it gets pretty warm (like 110 and up lol) before going to a menthol lineup. I already have lined up (literally on my bureau, they're in a single line) Iced Pineapple, Frozen Tundra, Orange Chill, Wintergreen, and MITA. I also have Barbosol Pacific Rush, Floid Blue, Cryogen, and a Dominica Bay Rum Lime with a pinch of menthol crystals added for variety's sake, but I think Stirling makes a damn fine product, especially when it comes to chilling AS.

Where's the Jeris Osage Rub, Krampert's Frostbite, Alt-Innsbruck, Fine's Snake Bite, and Barrister & Mann's Arctique?
Per their site:
Arctique Hyper-Mentholated Tonique Aftershave Splash: Inhuman levels of menthol, black pepper, peppermint oil ($18/bottle; will be made until September) "

Take a look at the warning on their page:
https://www.barristerandmann.com/co...h-limited-edition-essential-oil-fragrance-oil

and read the reviews of Chiseled Face's Cryogen: http://www.chiseledface.com/product/aftershave-splash-cryogen/

There's a few humorous threads on B&B about buying menthol crystals for aftershaves that don't have enough menthol.

I only have the Orange Chill WH, but I love it! Great scent with a kick. It's a perfect aftershave for hot summer days! I need to pick up the Margaritas in the Arctic aftershave, as well as a few of their glacial products.

Where's the Jeris Osage Rub, Krampert's Frostbite, Alt-Innsbruck, Fine's Snake Bite, and Barrister & Mann's Arctique?
Per their site:
Arctique Hyper-Mentholated Tonique Aftershave Splash: Inhuman levels of menthol, black pepper, peppermint oil ($18/bottle; will be made until September) "

Take a look at the warning on their page:
https://www.barristerandmann.com/co...h-limited-edition-essential-oil-fragrance-oil

and read the reviews of Chiseled Face's Cryogen: http://www.chiseledface.com/product/aftershave-splash-cryogen/

There's a few humorous threads on B&B about buying menthol crystals for aftershaves that don't have enough menthol.

Those threads gave me the idea to get some menthol for myself. I don't go nutso with it like some folks do though. :laugh:

I've had the Rub and Alt-Innsbruck on my radar for awhile but I am a sucker for boutique products like Stirling and have been prioritizing my aftershave spending there. I sampled several Chiseled Face AS and Cryogen was one of the few of theirs I liked. My original note upon testing it: "Blisteringly cold on application, brought tears to my eyes. Next to no scent except for light mint on application. Face feels fine hours later. Prolly the coldest AS I've ever tried. Can't wait to try in the middle of summer!"

That Artique looks like it might be worth the price of admission. I enjoy a little inhuman pain first thing in the morning now and again. :bayrum2:

I have their Grapefruit, with menthol. It's a fantastic, clean scent, and makes your skin feel incredible. During the recent heatwave we've had here in the North East, I've been shaving with Margaritas in the Arctic, and finished off with the mentholated Grapefruit AS, and it was ridiculously cool.. just don't get either too close to your eyes.. Great stuff. I must try both more of Sterling's soaps and after shaves..

Top Bottom