What's new

Stirling Glacial Spearmint Aftershave Splash - My Review - & Your opinions?

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Hello everyone! I've been pretty slow at doing aftershave reviews, I got many of them now, I really should start reviewing these lol. I bought my first aftershave from Stirling, and I chose the Stirling Glacial Spearmint Aftershave, cause summer's around the corner for us, and plus I love mint!

proxy.php

Packaging:

Stirling packages these bottles up in bubble wrap, then places them within shredded paper surrounding them, and seals the box. This type of packing method is superior, because it insures that the bottles get to you in an unbroken state. As you can see by the picture I have provided, they also put top cap seals on, this is also excellent, as it insures the top cap doesn't come lose, thereby loosing all the product in the box.

Appearance:

The style of the bottles is somewhat unique. The bottles are made of glass and sort of oval shaped, they recessed a bit in the back. The label is not the most flashy in the world, but IMO, its a hidden gem in its own right. If you look closely, you will see a faded flowery pattern within the white label. The brands logo, scent, and size can also be seen. A nice style that isn't overly loud.

Size & Type:

The bottle is 100ml or 3.3 ounces, considering that this product costs around 13 dollars, thats not a bad amount! It uses a thread on top cap, and a standard small hole plastic restrictor.

Scent:

I think the scent of this aftershave, is amazing! I get a strong dose of spearmint for sure. If you ever have had wrigglies spearmint chewing gum, then you know the scent. I don't smell any other scent notes within the aftershave, which for me, is a major plus! I am not a big fan of scent combinations in aftershaves. The scent does not weaken upon application either, so its a good strength too.

Glacial/Menthol Effect:

As we all know, depending on how much menthol is added to a product, is how strong the cooling effect will be. I would classify this product as being on the medium side of menthol cooling. I most certainly feel the cool on my skin, but it doesn't feel like my face is inside a bag of ice. After application, I also feel the menthol in my nose as I breath, and a little bit in my eyes as well, but because the menthol strength is not to maximum strength, my eyes are not watering thankfully.

Smoothness:

The aftershave goes on quite smoothly, and really makes my skin feel good after. Is it the same smoothness as an aftershave balm? No, of course not, but for a splash, it does a pretty good job.

Scent Duration:

What amazed me the most about this aftershave, was how long the menthol was lasting. I was still feeling the menthol effect 30-minutes later! But of course, in order to do that, I had to put a good amount on. Some guys like just a tiny bit of aftershave, I personally like a good amount on my skin. The Spearmint scent itself, seemed to last a couple of hours, which is more then good enough. If you need something to last longer then that, use a cologne.

Conclusion:

I feel that this aftershave really hit the mark for me, as my first purchased aftershave from Stirling. I am going to be using this aftershave all summer for sure. And while this mentholating version wouldn't necessarily be best for the cold months, I could see me breaking the rules and using it anyways, just to enjoy that wonderful spearmint scent! I absolutely love it, and I can't recommend it enough!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
5 out of 5 stars!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Thanks everyone for the response's, much appreciated!

I used to a professional reviewer back in the day, for Epinions. This of course, was before Ebay decided to kill the website, because they no longer wanted to pay for PRO reviews. So, when it comes to writing detailed reviews, I just draw on my past experience.

I've never had a chance to try out the Stirling Spearmint shave soap, but if its performance is as good as the other's, and it smells as good as the aftershave, I have no doubt its good.

Great review! And definitely keep doing these, you are very good at it. I know Stirling Soap has been around for a while and a lot of people have their products. I just got my first order in from them today and you are right about the packaging, your orders are put together with care and thought. Stirling Soap Co is definitely a gem in the wet shaving community.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Nice review. I have the wintergreen soap and these sound similar in that it reminds me of gum and that is the only note I can smell.

Thank you! I've heard of Wintergreen, but never tried it. I think someone said their glacial version is very quite icy cool hehe. Yep, Spearmint is great at reminding us of gum, or spearmint flavored toothpaste I suppose. If only somebody came out with a minty mouth wash that didn't taste and smell like medicine as well lol.

Great review! And definitely keep doing these, you are very good at it. I know Stirling Soap has been around for a while and a lot of people have their products. I just got my first order in from them today and you are right about the packaging, your orders are put together with care and thought. Stirling Soap Co is definitely a gem in the wet shaving community.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the kind comment! IMO, Stirling soaps is the shizzle IMO, I absolutely love them! And the Stirling Spearmint aftershave, does not disappoint, for a good quality summer aftershave. And I am glad you got to witness their extreme levels of care, when packaging your order. Thats why I say, they could send me a chicken egg, and it wouldn't break hehe.

Hello everyone! I've been pretty slow at doing aftershave reviews, I got many of them now, I really should start reviewing these lol. I bought my first aftershave from Stirling, and I chose the Stirling Glacial Spearmint Aftershave, cause summer's around the corner for us, and plus I love mint!

proxy.php

Packaging:

Stirling packages these bottles up in bubble wrap, then places them within shredded paper surrounding them, and seals the box. This type of packing method is superior, because it insures that the bottles get to you in an unbroken state. As you can see by the picture I have provided, they also put top cap seals on, this is also excellent, as it insures the top cap doesn't come lose, thereby loosing all the product in the box.

Appearance:

The style of the bottles is somewhat unique. The bottles are made of glass and sort of oval shaped, they recessed a bit in the back. The label is not the most flashy in the world, but IMO, its a hidden gem in its own right. If you look closely, you will see a faded flowery pattern within the white label. The brands logo, scent, and size can also be seen. A nice style that isn't overly loud.

Size & Type:

The bottle is 100ml or 3.3 ounces, considering that this product costs around 13 dollars, thats not a bad amount! It uses a thread on top cap, and a standard small hole plastic restrictor.

Scent:

I think the scent of this aftershave, is amazing! I get a strong dose of spearmint for sure. If you ever have had wrigglies spearmint chewing gum, then you know the scent. I don't smell any other scent notes within the aftershave, which for me, is a major plus! I am not a big fan of scent combinations in aftershaves. The scent does not weaken upon application either, so its a good strength too.

Glacial/Menthol Effect:

As we all know, depending on how much menthol is added to a product, is how strong the cooling effect will be. I would classify this product as being on the medium side of menthol cooling. I most certainly feel the cool on my skin, but it doesn't feel like my face is inside a bag of ice. After application, I also feel the menthol in my nose as I breath, and a little bit in my eyes as well, but because the menthol strength is not to maximum strength, my eyes are not watering thankfully.

Smoothness:

The aftershave goes on quite smoothly, and really makes my skin feel good after. Is it the same smoothness as an aftershave balm? No, of course not, but for a splash, it does a pretty good job.

Scent Duration:

What amazed me the most about this aftershave, was how long the menthol was lasting. I was still feeling the menthol effect 30-minutes later! But of course, in order to do that, I had to put a good amount on. Some guys like just a tiny bit of aftershave, I personally like a good amount on my skin. The Spearmint scent itself, seemed to last a couple of hours, which is more then good enough. If you need something to last longer then that, use a cologne.

Conclusion:

I feel that this aftershave really hit the mark for me, as my first purchased aftershave from Stirling. I am going to be using this aftershave all summer for sure. And while this mentholating version wouldn't necessarily be best for the cold months, I could see me breaking the rules and using it anyways, just to enjoy that wonderful spearmint scent! I absolutely love it, and I can't recommend it enough!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
5 out of 5 stars!
Thank you!

i have to have some odd batch of this product.
I don’t see this AS on Stirling web site anymore but I understand that. This thing is wild. This should be marked on the label “use with caution”. This burns like inferno. I like it because I like every burning AS, but this one… oh boy. Where other AS end this starts. No matter if you shaved or not this burns even on your hand.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

i have to have some odd batch of this product.
I don’t see this AS on Stirling web site anymore but I understand that. This thing is wild. This should be marked on the label “use with caution”. This burns like inferno. I like it because I like every burning AS, but this one… oh boy. Where other AS end this starts. No matter if you shaved or not this burns even on your hand.

Hello Attog, good to see you!

If you get the glacial versions of any Stirling aftershaves, they are going to burn for sure. But the heavy menthol also has an amazing cooling effect, that makes me so happy. If glacial is a bit too much, they also sell aftershaves that are listed as Menthol, instead of Glacial. The Menthol listed ones, have a bit less menthol in them. I just thought I'd mention it incase you didn't know.

One thing I don't like about Stirling, is that they do these limited production runs of their products, then once they sell out of them, they are gone for years, before they have the possibility of showing up again. I contacted Stirling and asked them why they don't have a Lime Glacial product line, and they answered that they just never thought of it, but they didn't know why. lol He said it was going to take a year release.

I was lucky to get Stirling Wintergreen shave soap & aftershave last year, that stuff is a seasonal release too, and they switch out those scents for more woody based scents in the fall. If you subscribe to Stirling emails, you will see how each season they switch out the line, and bring us new scents. But a keen eye would see, that many of the new scents, are really old scents with a new label slapped on them.

But still, I am a sucker for Stirling goods, I really love their stuff, so I keep buying lol. I used to really enjoy their coffee line as well. But the last time I ordered 6LB of Kenya coffee from them, and Mandy roasted the Kenya beans incorrectly, and all the coffee had both a beef broth scent to the bag of beans, and a beef broth flavor after being brewed. Lately I am buying my coffee from Good Brothers.

Good Brother's is customer service focused, and they are a local roaster in Holland Michigan, and they have a larger variety of coffee then Stirling does, and many of their coffee's also have a better price per bag, then Stirling does as well. So for now, I am sticking with Good Brother's coffee. So far, I really enjoy their Neapolitan blend, and their Polar Expresso seasonal blend.

Hello Attog, good to see you!

If you get the glacial versions of any Stirling aftershaves, they are going to burn for sure. But the heavy menthol also has an amazing cooling effect, that makes me so happy. If glacial is a bit too much, they also sell aftershaves that are listed as Menthol, instead of Glacial. The Menthol listed ones, have a bit less menthol in them. I just thought I'd mention it incase you didn't know.

One thing I don't like about Stirling, is that they do these limited production runs of their products, then once they sell out of them, they are gone for years, before they have the possibility of showing up again. I contacted Stirling and asked them why they don't have a Lime Glacial product line, and they answered that they just never thought of it, but they didn't know why. lol He said it was going to take a year release.

I was lucky to get Stirling Wintergreen shave soap & aftershave last year, that stuff is a seasonal release too, and they switch out those scents for more woody based scents in the fall. If you subscribe to Stirling emails, you will see how each season they switch out the line, and bring us new scents. But a keen eye would see, that many of the new scents, are really old scents with a new label slapped on them.

But still, I am a sucker for Stirling goods, I really love their stuff, so I keep buying lol. I used to really enjoy their coffee line as well. But the last time I ordered 6LB of Kenya coffee from them, and Mandy roasted the Kenya beans incorrectly, and all the coffee had both a beef broth scent to the bag of beans, and a beef broth flavor after being brewed. Lately I am buying my coffee from Good Brothers.

Good Brother's is customer service focused, and they are a local roaster in Holland Michigan, and they have a larger variety of coffee then Stirling does, and many of their coffee's also have a better price per bag, then Stirling does as well. So for now, I am sticking with Good Brother's coffee. So far, I really enjoy their Neapolitan blend, and their Polar Expresso seasonal blend.
Hello Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker,

much thanks for info about this brand, I’m in Europe so my chances to get something rare or limited from Stirling are small, however good to know about their business decisions because now I’m glad I that bought one more Intrepid Man AS (in case they would discontinue this one 😀 ).

I like that menthol burning and its good to know that this is how its supposed to be :) and not oddly superstrong batch.

Thanks again and have a great shaves!

Thanks for the review. I have 9 of the Stirling splashes with regular menthol. Love them all. Their bath soaps and balms are wonderful too. You guys should try their pre-shave soap....... wonderful stuff.

Can you tell I am a huge Stirling fan? :straight:

Top Bottom