What's new

Stirling G&T Rocks - too much eucalyptus.

This is the first Stirling soap I've tried and I'm finding the scent over powering. The eucalyptus and menthol is so strong it makes my eyes water, not to mention the extremely cold sensation.

So, it performs really well and I'd like to keep it, what can I do?

Sorry! Grating the puck with something milder is a good suggestion.

Turns out that I generally prefer soaps with milder scents. I rely on AS or EdC for scent.

You could try leaving the soap uncovered to see if that reduces the scent and sensation. While I find the menthol just right in Orange Chill and Margaritas in the Arctic, the Glacial Lemon Chill was too much for me. I'm heading upstairs now to test my own advice and open up my Glacial for a few days.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Usually the second use is less intense of anything for me. Like a desensitization or something. Use it again and see.

This is the first Stirling soap I've tried and I'm finding the scent over powering. The eucalyptus and menthol is so strong it makes my eyes water, not to mention the extremely cold sensation.

Is this the soap your talking about?
GIN & TONIC

Even though it performs well---I agree on that about Stirling---you could try trading or selling it and getting a Stirling soap that you'd like much better. :001_unsur I'm sorry to hear about your trouble, Dave. Good luck fixing it.

I'd like to apologize in advance,I just don't know what gets into me sometimes.:w00t:
proxy.php

I was thinking more along the lines of swimming goggles and nose pinch. ;)

I tried the simplest solution first and left the lid off for a couple of days. As it happens this was enough to tame the fumes and bring back to a reasonable level.

This one may just become the summer favourite (summer now in Aus) because of the cooling menthol and great performance. It performs as well as my winter favourite, Fat 'as, but suites the hot weather better because it doesn't dry up as fast and keeps me feeling cool. Awesome stuff now, thanks for the help!
you could try trading or selling it and getting a Stirling soap that you'd like much better. :001_unsur
It's a bit harder down here with fewer Stirling users. All's well that ends well. :)

I was thinking more along the lines of swimming goggles and nose pinch. ;)

I tried the simplest solution first and left the lid off for a couple of days. As it happens this was enough to tame the fumes and bring back to a reasonable level.

This one may just become the summer favourite (summer now in Aus) because of the cooling menthol and great performance. It performs as well as my winter favourite, Fat 'as, but suites the hot weather better because it doesn't dry up as fast and keeps me feeling cool. Awesome stuff now, thanks for the help!

It's a bit harder down here with fewer Stirling users. All's well that ends well. :)

Oh, right. I forgot. Shipping must be awful. I'm glad that airing it out has worked. Enjoy your warm weather. A lot of us here in the USA have some cold Arctic air going on right now. I'd rather switch places. :001_smile

We have 27 degrees (Celsius, of course) and sunshine for the next few days. Trying out my DIY camp bbq while camping by a lake... Bliss.

Top Bottom