What's new

Stirling Executive Man cologne EdT

I just got the new Stirling Executive Man cologne in EdT concentration. When I first sprayed it on, I was surprised that there seemed to be no pineapple/fruit in the opening. But I figured these are brand new and colognes often need some time to age first before reaching full strength and scent balance. Also, when first sprayed on, it can take several minutes for a cologne to settle in and the notes to fall in place. Sure enough, after a few minutes the pineapple is present, and it smells quite nice. There is a definite birch/woodsy presence underlying that pineapple.

I think it's quite respectably close to my Aventus. I don't get anything particularly smoky, if anyone is wondering. But there is a nice deep slightly darkish quality to the woods. Overall, it's really nice. =) Not sure about longevity yet, as I've only had it on for maybe one hour, but it seems to be more dense than the aftershave. Projection is moderate, but I only sprayed it lightly for the first test, a few more sprays will probably boost that. I'll be curious to see how much longer it lasts than the aftershave, but so far, I like it. And the bottles are really cool looking. =)

I added some additional sprays. Projection is a bit more, though remains moderate, but there is a nice sillage as you walk around. It's sitting closer now, but holding up nicely 4 hours in. And the pineapple/fruit accord, which is neither too sweet nor too tart, leans a bit to the bright/tart side, and is still quite apparent amongst the woods. So it's nice to see that stick around this far into the dry down. It's also smooth, with no sharpness to the fruit accord to be irritating. A very nice cologne that performs well for a very reasonable price. Well done, Stirling. =)

Great review. Thanks. The next time I order something from Stirling, I'll put a bottle of Executive Man in my cart. My only experience with an interpretation of Creed Adventus is with Captain's Choice Venture aftershave - and that scent is wonderful.

I haven't tried those two, but I find the Stirling better and closer than Club de Nuit Intense. I have heard a lot of good things about the Fine Platinum, so it's worth a try. There's one called Fashion District that is very inexpensive that's said to be at least as good as L'Aventure, but costs less, so if you want a really great value, I'd give that one a try instead. But don't expect the nice woods you get in Executive Man.

I haven't tried those two, but I find the Stirling better and closer than Club de Nuit Intense. I have heard a lot of good things about the Fine Platinum, so it's worth a try. There's one called Fashion District that is very inexpensive that's said to be at least as good as L'Aventure, but costs less, so if you want a really great value, I'd give that one a try instead. But don't expect the nice woods you get in Executive Man.

Thank you!

Top Bottom