What's new

Stirling Syndicate

I am a new Stirling customer, working my way through my first tub of a Stirling product. I used to use Proraso Red (sandalwood), which I liked just fine, until recently when I noticed more difficulty working up a good lather. (I still use Proraso Cream when traveling, and don't have any issues lathering). I thought I'd try Stirling Spice
based on some reviews that compared it to an Old Spice-like scent. Well, IMO it doesn't smell much like Old Spice, BUT upon opening the tub I loved the scent, and it lathers like crazy for me using either a badger or synthetic brush!! I'm sold on Sterling, and can't wait to experiment with a couple of other scents! If Proraso was good, Stirling is BETTER!!!

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I have about different scents from Stirling and I really like them all ,
The lather is great and the post shave is excellent.
Rod makes a Very Nice soap IMO

I've had Stirling soaps & samples since 2016. There were scents I didn't like or reorder, but overall, I find it to be a great soap. It lathers well with my well water and doesn't irritate my face. I love Tabac, but, unlike Stirling, Tabac irritates my face.

It's perplexing how some soaps will burn some people but not others and then the exact opposite! Stirling burns me but Tabac doesn't. Curious, does Stirling Barbershop burn you?

I thought of this when I read back what I posted earlier but I'm sure you're not using the same brush you were using back then either so that may be the main difference right there.
Sure do, been using the same Omega 10098 nearly since 2014.

The wet dog smell didn't come from the brush if that's what your asking, I just opened that same puck of electric sheep and confirmed that it still smells like a dead sheep's rear end.

Sure do, been using the same Omega 10098 nearly since 2014.

The wet dog smell didn't come from the brush if that's what your asking, I just opened that same puck of electric sheep and confirmed that it still smells like a dead sheep's rear end.
Thats too funny!! Why would you keep something for that long that you don't like? Maybe that brush is finally broken in now...

Thats too funny!! Why would you keep something for that long that you don't like? Maybe that brush is finally broken in now...
Ya know, after I posted that response I asked myself that same question.....

I suppose I don't really have an answer. Although my wife dropped a mint on shave soap for me at our 7th anniversary when she got me these Stirling soaps (among others) I guess I just don't have the heart to throw it away.

I have tried many Stirling soaps, but I haven't tried the Eucalyptus and Mint. However - I do have the aftershave splash with the menthol added - and I use it EVERY time after shaving with Santa Maria Novella shave cream. And it pairs outstandingly.

I haven’t smelt it but it is based on Bleu De Chanel, which is a very popular men’s fragrance. For good reason too. Sorry Im not good at describing smells.

I have the soap and aftershave here, but have yet to use it. The scent in the container really doesn’t do anything for me. I may try it once or twice to see what it’s like, buy doubt I will keep it.

I just grabbed one of these (about 90-95% full) off of the BST and scent wise I think it may be my favorite so far of any soap I have.

When I opened it I immediately loved it but was afraid it would be TOO strong (I prefer/need low to no scent or I get headaches) but I tried it by itself, instead of tone it down with Stirlings unscented and it was PERFECT once lathered.

My wife loves it too - she balked yesterday at my Arko.

My 7 year old daughter on the other hand says, "It smells like pineapple with ocean water and pool water mixed in"

Piacenza is nice. I am looking to get some Gin and Tonic On the Rocks but right now can't find it anywhere. I wonder if Stirling puts out the mentholated soaps in spring and summer.

There are a few menthol staples that are year round like MITA, Frozen Tundra, & Orange / Lemon Chill so all others would be spring / summer releases.
Thanks. I'm ready for a new MITA as well, but I can wait a while to keep them on one order. I try not to order soap in the summer. We are at the very end of our mail carrier's route so anything we get sits in the hot vehicle all day.

Top Bottom