What's new

Stirling Syndicate

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I’ve used three differently scented bars. It is a good soap but I’ve been using “Grandma’s Pure Lye Soap” for a few years now. It only has three ingredients (lard, water and lye). By far the best soap I’ve ever used.

I already had a Stirling order headed my way, then I got the Glacial email yesterday, so I had to order more! Somehow I kept missing Obsidian, even though anise is a scent I love, so I had to grab that and a couple more.

Has anyone tried Shadow Orchid? I know it is part of the women's line, but the scent notes sound interesting. I added a sample of that too.

I really enjoy Stirling bath soaps.

They smell nice and feel nice on the skin. I think I used one bath soap for around 2-3 months. They're not too drying for me and mid scented. No irritations so far. I have one more waiting to be used but I also bought bunch of ivory soaps, haha.

I bought a bunch of Ivory soap too, great for the price! I can't bathe with it daily though as it's far too drying for me.

I already had a Stirling order headed my way, then I got the Glacial email yesterday, so I had to order more! Somehow I kept missing Obsidian, even though anise is a scent I love, so I had to grab that and a couple more.

Has anyone tried Shadow Orchid? I know it is part of the women's line, but the scent notes sound interesting. I added a sample of that too.
My wife uses the Shadow Orchid and loves the scent.

So I've recently ordered the SDM soap, A/S splash and A/S balm.

If I was to rathe these 3 products, I'd say that the balm is by far the best of the bunch, it smells great and it performs fantastic. Great moisturizing, w/o any greasy, oily fee. 5

The splash A/S is a solid one, I like the scent. The burning sensation initially gives is mild, followed by soothing effect. 4

The soap is OKAY. And that is my problem. 3

Based on all the rave, I expected this soap to be awesome, out-of-this-earth, super-fantastic, mind-blowing, phenomenal. Instead it's an OKAY soap. The smell is nothing special, the performance is kind of alright. It produces a decent lather and provides nice glide, but that's about it. Off course you can say that's what a shaving soap is supposed to do, but then I expected much more. My Proraso RED performed the same if not better than this Stirling SDM, for half the cost. Go figure...

1590162296122.png

I like the scent of SDM and the performance is a lot better than Proraso for me. Stirling soaps are very thirsty so you might want to hydrate the lather more.

The sharp dressed man soap isn't the strongest scented soap offering from them right off the puck. But as you said the aftershave products have a stronger scent component.

Stirling soaps do require a good amount of water for the lather to be properly hydrated. Oftentimes I'll think I have it just about right, then I'll add a touch more water and it really comes to life.

Where Stirling really shines is the value per ounce. But, like any shaving product, if you don't care for it, the value doesn't really matter.

Received my order today. Very pleased with all the scents I chose, especially that I blind bought Sharp Dressed Man aftershave splash and edt and am glad I did. I've owned authentic GIT, more than one 'batch', and this one is impressively similar to a slightly sharper, more herbal batch of GIT as opposed to a brighter, more oceanic GIT (think Aspen or Cool Water). The atomizer is awesome and very generous, so only one spray is necessary.

Haven't tried much else yet, but some things were bought just to sample scents. Loving everything so far, but the SDM is a winner.

Arkadia bath soap (very nice), Executive Man shave soap, Sharp Dressed Man aftershave splash with menthol, Executive Man balm and Sharp Dressed Man EDT. All are winners as far as I'm concerned. I will say, though, if you're a menthol junkie, get extra as opposed to regular. The regular is detectable, but those enjoying things like Aqua Velva will be left wanting.

I'm glad that Sharp Dressed Man isn't as fleeting of a scent as Executive Man. It's a very nice, fresh fougere that's very versatile.

I enjoy Stirling soaps but don't get along with SDM, it gives me a burning sensation. As other's have said it is a thirsty soap so you may want to play around with it, but soaps are very much YMMV and it may not tickle your fancy.

In general I like the performance of stirling very much especially the mentholated soaps as long as they are not to sweet.
Some others are mweeh scent wise but still perform very well.
Price performance is very very good.

I am from holland and when brexit is done we might have no european distribution so will make sure I have a couple of mentholated pre shave soap bars in time... well I have enough stirling for a couple of years so no worry 😝

Stirling soaps need an amazing amount of water which I love. When SDM is hydrated right it’s tough to beat it‘s performance.

Take longer to mix the lather and add little bits of water at a time. Incorporate each new small addition of water fully bafore adding more.
Be patient and you will get a much better lather then you have described.

Top Bottom