What's new

Stirling Syndicate

If they can show a milder version of that razor, I'd be more interested. Looks like a top performer for those who can handle more aggressive razors. Only saw it catch once which was most likely an angle issue. I'm glad to see them expanding their business operations and enjoy my Stirling soaps, aftershaves, and balms!

Has anyone tried Stirling Grapefruit with menthol? I heard it's going to be featured in the near future and I love citrus and menthol. I am definitely having my eyes on that but I have not smelled it yet.

This razor has been discussed for the last 4-5 months in this thread and will give some good insight from some that have actually tested the razor too...

Thursday OCtober 17

Using this razor for the first time, The Gleaner, a 2 piece made in Sheffield, England. I purchased this from @Northstonehill here about 2 months or so back. This looks a bit like my Palmera 65 that I shaved with a couple days ago but the shave felt nothing like the shave I received from the Palmera.

Bowl/Scuttle - GP12
Soap - Stirling Executive Man
Brush - Paladin Phantasia PK-47 26mm
Blade - Gillette Platinum (3)
Razor - The Gleaner (Sheffield, England)
Post Shave - OSMA Pierre alum, Stirling Executive Man A/S, Stirling Executive Man EdT

Shave rating 5 of 5

Although it looks like my Palmera 65, the first pass with The Gleaner told me this razor was nothing like it in the shave department. This is a smooth shaver with almost no blade feel. The first pass was WTG and was DFS. The second pass was XTG and again was a very smooth pass with absolutely no blade feel and a very easy BBS. The Stirling lather was a little watery; I put a drop or two too much water in but it lubricated well. It just wasn't thick like normal. I was about to finish with what I thought was a nick free and weeper free shave when I nicked my neck at my adams apple - I got distracted. The alum had a little to say around my neck area but it wasn't bad. I finished off with the Executive Man duo of A/S and EdT.

Overall, a really good shave. I have a few more French razors for my next few shaves.

Happy OCtober and great shaves everyone.
6F4BCE17-ED57-44B2-9B35-54BF66CC552B.jpeg

I was fortunate to be able to use this razor for a couple of weeks. If you are a fan of blade feel this is a very well built smooth, very efficient razor. Efficiency is better than my Ikon Tech but smoother with the hyper-aggressive plate. The milder plate still has quite a bit of blade feel

I was fortunate to be able to use this razor for a couple of weeks. If you are a fan of blade feel this is a very well built smooth, very efficient razor. Efficiency is better than my Ikon Tech but smoother with the hyper-aggressive plate. The milder plate still has quite a bit of blade feel
More blade feel than a blackbird?

I am a huge fan of Stirling Soap (shave soap, bath soap, shampoo soap, balms, lotions, etc.). This razor definitely interests me. To be honest though, the handle less so, but handles are often exchangeable.

Can anyone who has tried both give some feedback on the performance of Stirling balms vs Stirling splashes? I currently use Stirling splashes but I'm considering balms for the colder, dryer months. I have naturally dry skin and even use a moisturizer over Stirling splashes. I love the Stirling scents and I'm wondering if the balms have lasting scent plus moisturizing properties.

I am a big Stirling fan, love the Shampoo, Deo, Colognes, soaps, splashes, witch hazel, lip balm etc.

I’ve never really liked their Aftershave Balm, a bit too thick and greasy for my tastes, and it stayed on for too long. I prefer a thinner balm that quickly dissipates like Nivea.

The scents match like all stirling products do, and felt very healing. The margarita one with the cooling effect especially. Scents don’t last very long though, less than splash or witch hazel.

Thanks, I currently used Nivea for sensitive skin on top of Sterling aftershave for the exact reason you said it's thin. I do like the lasting scent of their aftershave and was hoping the bomb would provide the same.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I have one Stirling balm - Margaritas in the Arctic, and i find that applying a small amount to an already wet face helps for application. Not sure why this is so, but definitely true in my experience.

OTOH - Soap Commander balms are better applied to a dry face IME.

Proraso balms make little difference if my mug is wet or dry.

I have a tube of Stirling Lime - I think that it's an excellent balm, and the scent (essential oil of lime) is a wonderful blast of lime. When it runs out, I will most likely buy another tube of the same stuff as I haven't found anything better (and I have certainly found worse!).

The scent of the balm is very slight. I have the Executive Man, splash and balm. The balm is kind of thick and heavy. I do like it though. It works great and has lots of skin food in it.

Top Bottom