What's new

Stirling Aftershave Question

Raven Koenes

My precious!
OK, I have a question. I've recently come to love Stirling products. I tend to like aftershaves with alcohol. I have their aftershave splash that is more pricey than their witch hazel and aloe. How do you find their witch hazel and aloe? Do you think I would be disappointed, or pleasantly surprised, with the post shave feel of the witch hazel and aloe and how it works? I do like the sting of alcohol, but I'd relinquish that simple pleasure if the witch hazel and aloe does its job as well as the aftershave splash being that it is more cost effective. Thanks

I am personally in the camp of not having Witch Hazel replace your standard Aftershave. Its just something you use before you apply aftershave.
As for the feeling it is very refreshing I have not tried Stirling's products but other products that have Witch Hazel and Aloe and its a very refreshing soothing feel. Hope that gives you some insight.

I use them both. The Witch hazel/aloe first, then the alcohol splash. The scent on the WH/aloe is only around for like 30 seconds. I get a nice cooling sensation, let it sit in for a bit, splash on whatever alcohol aftershave I'm using, and off I go. Works great. I just use the WH/aloe as a substitute for Thayer's or the like.

I have Stirling aftershaves and Stirling witch hazels.

The aftershaves leave you with a much much better post-shave feel.

Witch hazel just doesn't give me that refreshing skin bracing effect. And it leaves my face feeling rubbery.

You can get three samples for less than one bottle, so you could get flavors you like with alcohol, and give them a head to head comparison.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Thanks, I'll stick with the alcohol aftershave splash which I like. Maybe sometime I will pick up their witch hazel and aloe as a treat sometime to use before the splash. Right now I cut out using alum after a year. I thought I needed it, but I am finding aftershave works just fine by itself. I'm trying to cut down to the essential. Treats are nice though.

I'm guessing their witch hazel is the equivalent to thayers or lucky tiger. A good post shave splash, which is great for your skin, but not necessarily something you want to use if you want a lingering fragrance.

You can get three samples for less than one bottle, so you could get flavors you like with alcohol, and give them a head to head comparison.
I am sure it's me but I could not find an option for buying samples. It is available for soaps but I don't see it for after shave.

Just saw this thread... I am a big fan of Stirling aftershave. The ingredients are great and face friendly. And included are both witch hazel and aloe. Did I miss something about the concerns raised by the OP?

Top Bottom