StirIing soap club...

Discussion in 'Clubs and Brotherhoods' started by NauticalShaver1216, Feb 21, 2017.

Has anyone used this before? I am having one heck of a time getting it to lather. I just cut up my face with what I thought looked like good lather but when I felt there was no slickness. Not sure what I did wrong or if the beeswax just does not lather well

1. I actually switched to it exclusively, from normal stirling, almost right after it came out.

It is finicky with water - try changing it up a bit. I'm dialed in at home, but travel sometimes introduces changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. hhmm, thanks for that info, i use the naked and smooth, and that is my go to soap, crazy lather and slickness,

try using distilled water with the beeswax, the no scent allows me to use any aftershave and balm i desire , and dont have to worry about matching scents with soap. give the naked and smooth try

3. This makes so much sense!! Too late now though as I am stocked with plenty of Stirling soaps & AS but will definitely keep this in mind for the future...

4. i what what you mean, i just placed an order for the gentleman line and a few sample after shave !!!

hard to mind my beeswax

5. In testing against Stirling Naked & Smooth, I found that Stirling Unscented with Beeswax produces a lather that is a bit thinner and a little more airy and voluminous, so the cushion is okay. Slickness is not as good as Naked & Smooth. Post-shave feel is good, but not quite as good as Naked & Smooth, I think.

6. Northstonehill

Northstonehill Contributor

These 2 puppies came today to my den in Denmark, Europe. Special import as this is not sold over here.

Total cost of 2 cans: USD 26.45
    + shipping: USD 34.50
    + customs and Danish VAT: USD 39.50
    Total cost: USD 100.45...

Guess I didn't really think that one through in the heat of that web-shopping moment...:07::117::a32::blushing::censored::mad2::scared:

So this stuff better be as good as they say... 'cos then it will be all :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

IMG_1921.JPG

7. It's an excellent straight razor soap. I don't do DE or menthol so I can't comment on your specific soaps, but Stirling is a good product. Worth $50 a tub? Not by performance, but if you like the scents anything and everything is good!

Cheers, Steve

8. Ouch.

9. Prof. Moriarty

Prof. Moriarty Contributor

Ouch, hope you like the soap mate.

10. Wow that hurts. I love Stirling and some might call me a fan boy, but I wouldn't want to pay those prices.

11. WOW! Hope you enjoy the soaps!

12. Dang! Hope you REALLY like them.

13. $8.66/oz. is pricey, but you should get plenty of good lather from the soaps and you might just love the scents, too. Good luck! :001_smile

14. Why do we keep blaming Ouch? Lol.

Cheers, Steve

15. It's good soap. Enjoy. :001_smile

16. Oh man, this, definitely this!

17. Stirling is great stuff. You can't undo your purchase, so you may as well go ahead and enjoy it.

18. I think you'll love the performance and scents. I personally love menthol and their glacial soaps are cold as hell but the post shave.... super comfort plus residual cooling.

The shipping and customs costs sting, but it's the same as when I purchased Abbate Y La Mantia and had it shipped to the States. It was a treat that was well worth the shipping costs (44.00$ for three soaps). That's how I look at purchases from different continents and countries. If their origin makes them an exotic luxury and you want to try it, then I say go for it. Gotta splurge for the experience every once in a while.

19. Lemon Chill is one of my favorite soaps. Good luck with it and hope you feel its worth it.