What's new

Still think open carry is a great idea?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Funny that you mention this, because I actually had an MRI yesterday morning and was without my pistol. I was actually lying naked in the MRI machine with nothing on but a smile and a hospital gown, thinking about how naked I felt without my pistol. :)
Hope all is well.... very little makes a man as uncomfortable as someone taking his pants.

I think if I wore a white hat in all those old Westerns I watched as a lad, and a black hat had a gun on me and took my pants, I'd go down fighting.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Hope all is well.... very little makes a man as uncomfortable as someone taking his pants.

I think if I wore a white hat in all those old Westerns I watched as a lad, and a black hat had a gun on me and took my pants, I'd go down fighting.

Thanks for your well wishes friend. Just had a couple of PSA scores come back a bit high, so they are taking a looksey. :)

FarmerTan

Thanks for your well wishes friend. Just had a couple of PSA scores come back a bit high, so they are taking a looksey. :)
Will send one up to my Friend, friend. I have strolled the BPH issue for 30ish years, and there are only a few people in my life that I would wish it on. My numbers are good though. Get weller my friend.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Made a change to something lighter jess because. Currently I'm open carrying me Walther Model 4 (32acp, 8+1) in a Camo Uncle Micke's holster. It has the retention strap and the Model 4 is so small it almost disappears in the holster.

The Model 4 is an interesting example of cost saving solutions that actually work that seemed pretty common back around the years just before WWI. The small pocket semi-automatic pistol had become really popular in the European civilian market and most major makers had a product in that genre. But the war was coming and the military wanted something with a slightly longer barrel. But retooling to make longer slides was both expensive, time consuming and would require additional space. Making barrels longer was simple and required almost no retooling so an inexpensive solution would be to make an extension that attached at the end of the current frame.

FN added an inch to their model 1910 with just such an extension and Walther took a similar tack but with a stamped steel bayonet connect shroud.

The Walther Model 4 is a single action concealed hammer fired pistol with a 3½" barrel. It has the typical for the period heel magazine release. And the ejection port is actually on the PORT side.
6-small.jpg
Walther Model 4 apart-small.jpg

FarmerTan

Made a change to something lighter jess because. Currently I'm open carrying me Walther Model 4 (32acp, 8+1) in a Camo Uncle Micke's holster. It has the retention strap and the Model 4 is so small it almost disappears in the holster.

The Model 4 is an interesting example of cost saving solutions that actually work that seemed pretty common back around the years just before WWI. The small pocket semi-automatic pistol had become really popular in the European civilian market and most major makers had a product in that genre. But the war was coming and the military wanted something with a slightly longer barrel. But retooling to make longer slides was both expensive, time consuming and would require additional space. Making barrels longer was simple and required almost no retooling so an inexpensive solution would be to make an extension that attached at the end of the current frame.

FN added an inch to their model 1910 with just such an extension and Walther took a similar tack but with a stamped steel bayonet connect shroud.

The Walther Model 4 is a single action concealed hammer fired pistol with a 3½" barrel. It has the typical for the period heel magazine release. And the ejection port is actually on the PORT side.View attachment 1366623View attachment 1366624
Lovely specimen as well!

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Lovely specimen as well!
That one is actually a post WWI model made in 1923. It's the third variation with the biggest difference being the finer finish and the wider spacing on the racking indentations of the slide. The bluing is all original finish and considering it's getting close to a century old gives a good idea of the original quality standard post War.

Prayers Up!

Re concealed. I tell folks, concealed means concealed. It does not mean invisible to the trained eye at 1 meter.

Having said that, a quality holster mated with a quality belt goes a long way to concealing even a service weapon sized firearm on most folks when an thoughtful cover garment is brought into play.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I ran into Mr. Peabody and so he helped me select today's open and concealed carry.

For open it is my 1903 S&W DA Model 4 in a Galco OWB holster and in my right front pocket is my 1919 Colt 1908 Vest Pocket. I looked but it seems I don't even own a vest anymore.

Strange.
smith model 3.jpg
Galco-DA-M4-small.jpg
20-small.jpg

Tossed a couple H&K 36 speed loaders in the other pocket for a true old/new mixture.

Top Bottom