What's new

Still on the fence regarding the Veg

I've been using the Veg sparingly for the past 3-4 years (still on my first bottle), and I'm still on the fence as to whether I have been chosen or not. The powder scent turns really sweet on me, and it is quite a bit stronger than aftershaves I normally use, which has led me to water it down a bit. But, there is something about it that I kinda like. I guess it will just have to be an open question. I just hate uncertainty.

My wife has opined that maybe instead of being chosen, that I'm just being tolerated by the Veg.🙂

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I've been using the Veg sparingly for the past 3-4 years (still on my first bottle), and I'm still on the fence as to whether I have been chosen or not. The powder scent turns really sweet on me, and it is quite a bit stronger than aftershaves I normally use, which has led me to water it down a bit. But, there is something about it that I kinda like. I guess it will just have to be an open question. I just hate uncertainty.

My wife has opined that maybe instead of being chosen, that I'm just being tolerated by the Veg.🙂
Being chosen doesn't mean that you want to use it every day, nor does it mean that you have to like every aspect it has to offer.
Being chosen means you don't recoil in horror at the stench of a randy tom cat marking your freshly shorn face as his territory!
For me, the sweet powdery lilac is fine and I'm not off put by it at all, but what draws me to the Veg is the dark, earthy, loamy vegetation undertone that comes through the light lilac start.
The Veg is a "You're either with me, or against me" kind of juice. It doesn't merely tolerate people, it tells those that are unchosen in no uncertain terms "Put the bottle down and move along bub!"
If you're not chosen, there would be no doubt.

I consider myself chosen but I certainly wouldn't use it 7 days a week. I think I used a little less than half of my current bottle in a little over a year. I'm not at all repulsed by it and on a nice Spring day I don't think there is a better aftershave.

I'm sure plenty of people used it once and never used it again. Those people are not chosen.

I've been a Knight for a while now. The Veg is my #1 choice for days that I get a bit of a rough shave. Either by going to far on a blade or less than adequate prep. Great at soothing my irritated skin.

Took a while to be choosen. First couple tries were not positive, now I really enjoy the scent once the initial cat pee dissipates. Buying my own bottle, versus samples and left overs, and decanting to glass made a big difference.

Top Bottom