What's new

Still getting irritation. Help!!

A lot of very complicated advice. My guess is that you don’t want to spend a few hours shaving your face.

It sounds to me like your razor/blade combo is too aggressive. Try a mild combo like a Tech with a Derby or a Schick J with a Chick. Use a good lather and go slow. Although I don’t use them, a pre shave creme or oil might help too.

The advice from above to skip the ATG and XTG on the neck sounds smart. So you don’t get BBS everywhere, it will likely be a socially acceptable shave.

Last edited:
A lot of very complicated advice. My guess is that you don’t want to spend a few hours shaving your face.

It sounds to me like your razor/blade combo is too aggressive. Try a mild combo like a Tech with a Derby or a Schick J with a Chick. Use a good lather and go slow. Although I don’t use them, a pre shave creme or oil might help too.

The advice from above to skip the ATG and XTG on the neck sounds smart. So you don’t get BBS everywhere, it will likely be a socially acceptable shave.
Sound advice. BBS shaves are for idiots like me who are overly obsessive. I didn't used to be this way when I worked in an office environment. Now, I've got nothing better to do. The average guy would most likely be satisfied with what is commonly called a DFS and would save him a lot of possible headaches if he called it good at that point.

Many thanks all, and some great advice. I enjoy so much of this hobby, if I can just crack this neck irritation I will be thrilled!

Top Bottom