What's new

Stiff or extra firm Badger Brush

Any recommendations for the stiffest badger brush you've ever tried. I've concluded that I like stiff/extra firm scrubby (haven't had a scratchy issues yet) badger brush. Stiff like a boar hair brush but with badger hair? Anyone run across a brush that has those characteristics after it blossomed. I wouldn't mind hearing from you even if it was the worst brush you've ever owned or tried.

Kind regards,

Well, I can tell you for sure that a Vulfix #2234 ain't it. Hehe, I will be watching this thread since I want a stiffer brush than the one I have . Does an ok job but I want wow!

They are not easy to find, but a Chubby Manchurian is about as stiff as it gets - if you can take if on a regular basis you will never need a scrub again. Probably a 2-band super would be almost as stiff. The Rooney Stubby is a possibility as well, but a bit softer tips IMO.

Any recommendations for the stiffest badger brush you've ever tried. I've concluded that I like stiff/extra firm scrubby (haven't had a scratchy issues yet) badger brush. Stiff like a boar hair brush but with badger hair? Anyone run across a brush that has those characteristics after it blossomed. I wouldn't mind hearing from you even if it was the worst brush you've ever owned or tried.

My Plisson "Classic Black" in Pure Black Badger #12 is the ultimate "stiff/extra-firm scrubby badger brush". I bought mine from Atkinson's, for $70 + S/H. I find it works equally well with shaving soaps and shaving creams... never been disappointed... you won't, either.

Here's a photo of it:

proxy.php

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
My Plisson "Classic Black" in Pure Black Badger #12 is the ultimate "stiff/extra-firm scrubby badger brush".

proxy.php

JBH tells the truth here...I owned one in a Faux Tortoise....BEAUTIFUL brush.... and the Ultimate Extra Firm scrubber as he says....

Rooney Finest (2-band) is about the stiffest brush I have used, but also with scratchy tips. Rooney Heritage brushes are also very stiff/dense, but without the scratchy tips.

Regards.

J

My Plisson "Classic Black" in Pure Black Badger #12 is the ultimate "stiff/extra-firm scrubby badger brush". I bought mine from Atkinson's, for $70 + S/H. I find it works equally well with shaving soaps and shaving creams... never been disappointed... you won't, either.

Here's a photo of it:

proxy.php

Do you have link for Atkinson's?

A Rooney Heritage Alibaba 3 is very dense and the stiffest brush I have tried. No splay on this baby. Nice soft tips as well

They are not easy to find, but a Chubby Manchurian is about as stiff as it gets - if you can take if on a regular basis you will never need a scrub again. Probably a 2-band super would be almost as stiff. The Rooney Stubby is a possibility as well, but a bit softer tips IMO.

Nope-never mind, to easy.:blushing:

marty

Here's a photo of it:

proxy.php

Thanks JB and all who replied, I will be giving this a try.

Kind regards,

I love this brush, and would definitely describe it as scrubby, but I'm not sure that I'd agree with stiff/firm. To me, the brush is floppier than I expected. It's still a great soap brush -- were it about 50% more dense, it'd be perfect. (My mileage has varied.)

Oh, and the thing is absolutely beautiful!

Top Bottom