What's new

Stewardship program

Good morning all,

By now most of you have read about the stewardship program and have seen firsthand the explosion in membership that our forum is experiencing. As stewards, we are stepping forward to help out the mod team and to formulate new, fresh ideas in the sub-forums. Overall the objective is to continue to develope and make Badger & Blade the great forum that it already is.

With that being said, I have been chosen to serve in the Safety Razor sub-forum. Being somewhat of a vintage Gillette nut, I have knowledge about many safety razors and how they perform. However as with anything, my knowledge IS limited. My goal as a steward in this sub-forum is to give razor and blade selection advice/recommendations to those who are new to DE shaving and are unfamiliar with the tools that we use. As said, my knowledge is limited so I will need everybody's help. So you might be saying, "Well, we already have the Wiki pages." Yes, but I would like to see more added to Wiki as well as the review section. There is nothing more helpful than for someone to look in the review section and read about a razor that they are thinking about purchasing.

I would like to hear feedback and ideas on what we can do to continue to make Badger & Blade the wonderful place that it is. In short, I can use your help. Just shoot me a PM or post in this thread. I look forward to serving you!

DL

Hey DL.. Thanks for taking on the role and helping make B&B the great place that is.. Looking forward to seeing all the fresh ideas that pop up..

Thanks Chris! I see this as being a very positive move for Badger & Blade. I will certainly do my part to help out.

DL

I'd suggest merging a DE buyers guide in here. Or at least give a link to this.

So that new ones would find their way to a safety razor more easily.

And as you said you are a ‘vintage Gillette nut’ there should be vintage Gillettes included in the buyers guide. I've got many vintage Gillettes and they are on par with a factory new Merkur razor.

Thanks for reading.

And as you said you are a ‘vintage Gillette nut’ there should be vintage Gillettes included in the buyers guide. I've got many vintage Gillettes and they are on par with a factory new Merkur razor.

Thanks for reading.

Great idea, Dietmar!

I see Ray's reference guide as a sticky. I'll check with Joel and Jim and see if we can sticky a link!

Thanks!

Thanks for reading.

Per Dietmar's request, the DE Buyer's Guide is now a Sticky in this forum. It should be a lot easier for a begginer or someone new to our forum to find. Thanks for the suggestion! Keep them coming in Gents!

Thanks to all for the vote of confidence!

DL

Congrats Dustin!

Question for you, how do we improve the British Gillette section of the wiki? Seems more pics/info would be good unless we're just going with the awesome chart that Arik created awhile back and calling it good?

I should add to this that we've got to have enough pics/info on this site alone to update our British section for each individual razor...I'd be willing to take on this project if need be. It might take me awhile tho :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom