What's new

Steve/Graydog is a bad man

Well Steve I like the horsie quite a lot perhaps a bit floppy but that’s why I was asking about a denser version. Now the horsie we got is the Viper knot this denser?

Graydog

Biblical Innards
The Viper is from a older batch of knots and it does seem a bit denser .
Sam you had both in your hand,what do you think?

Graydog

Biblical Innards
This one is older , I used it yesterday one of the first I made. Around the same time as the Viper .
20190421_100113.jpg

Very nice and the A’crat ain’t bad either! I have a 34 myself. I like the loft and the knot size itself (handle is beautiful)...just a bit more backbone aka density would be nice.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
The viper is a bigger knot, for sure, but I'm not sure that it is denser. If it is, than it is not by much IMO.

I too find it a bit on the floppy side ,I didn't use that particular brush but I know from experience that for my face I need a little more BB. I will make another one and set it a little deeper and see if this helps for me and you and Greg :)
I bought a bunch of those from V.S. In China . I purchased Some a couple of years ago they sold a little denser knot then (Viper),
I too like the overall feel I just need a little more bb . If you want I will send it North for you once I make it.
Of course it will be in a Maple handle :)
Once again, here you are inflicting mental anguish.

I am already the recipient of your generosity, as I have a beautiful boar/maple brush crafted by you. I don’t want to abuse that generosity.

And yet...

I am such a sucker for beautiful wood.
I have been tempted already by trying a brush with one of these horsehair knots.
The salt and pepper mix of hair matches my own hair so nicely (for now at least, until salt takes over entirely).
Every brush you make is gorgeous.

Sir, I would be honoured and most grateful.

I too find it a bit on the floppy side ,I didn't use that particular brush but I know from experience that for my face I need a little more BB. I will make another one and set it a little deeper and see if this helps for me and you and Greg :)
I bought a bunch of those from V.S. In China . I purchased Some a couple of years ago they sold a little denser knot then (Viper),
I too like the overall feel I just need a little more bb . If you want I will send it North for you once I make it.
Of course it will be in a Maple handle :)

Ah, I couldn't figure out what you were referring to as the above post. Somehow I didn't see this one till just now.
I like the horsehair knot for soft creams, although I agree that for anything else it could use a bit more backbone. the handle I have is wonderful.
a friend of mine picked up a horse from shave forge and even out of a handle it seems to have a little more backbone. It may soften once washed I suppose. I need to glue that up tomorrow, then I will post it in one of my brush threads.

Is that bacon considered contraband? I know they ask if you are bringing back fruits.
I wouldn't be surprised, even if the bacon is half Montana merino.

My father and I once crossed the Alberta Montana border on a road trip. Did we have any fruits or vegetables? Well, just this box of California oranges, with "California" written all over the box.

Nope, can't bring that into the USA. So we stood on the border and ate as many oranges as we possibly could, then tossed the rest in the trash.

Best trip ever, even so.

I wouldn't be surprised, even if the bacon is half Montana merino.

My father and I once crossed the Alberta Montana border on a road trip. Did we have any fruits or vegetables? Well, just this box of California oranges, with "California" written all over the box.

Nope, can't bring that into the USA. So we stood on the border and ate as many oranges as we possibly could, then tossed the rest in the trash.

Best trip ever, even so.

Wow. What is it that could be in the fruit that they are so worried about is the part I don't understand. No one has ever explained that to me.
We went across the border from Detroit when I was younger with seven people in the van. We where going to a drive through animal park with friends of the family. They had us pull to the side then they took EVERYTHING out of our van that wasn't part of the van, then said you are free to go. It was still a good trip and memorable but what a pain reloading everything back in the van.

Top Bottom