What's new

Stetson Spirit gift set

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It's that time of year. Cheap gift sets!

For $15, the big box store has a gift set with Stetson flanker Spirit cologne and a shave cream.

cvbcvb.jpeg

Risked the blind buy and it's nice. It seems pretty close to Estee Lauder Pleasures for Men. Citrus-outdoors vibe.

The shave cream (unfortunately) is a non-lathering goo (NLG). I actually got a good shave with it - plenty slippery and smells nice - but it will be relegated to the shower, as are all NLGs, for lady-leg shaving by the LotH. NLGs are perfect for women as they keep the water on when they shave, which washes away/wrecks any actual lather creation from decent shave soaps - IMO. NLGs stay on.

There's also in stores the usual two-bottle Stetson regular set, for those that like a cowboy-themed floral. Got one already.

But Spirit is decent. Worth it if you can use both items.

AA

It's that time of year. Cheap gift sets!

For $15, the big box store has a gift set with Stetson flanker Spirit cologne and a shave cream.

View attachment 1373824

Risked the blind buy and it's nice. It seems pretty close to Estee Lauder Pleasures for Men. Citrus-outdoors vibe.

The shave cream (unfortunately) is a non-lathering goo (NLG). I actually got a good shave with it - plenty slippery and smells nice - but it will be relegated to the shower, as are all NLGs, for lady-leg shaving by the LotH. NLGs are perfect for women as they keep the water on when they shave, which washes away/wrecks any actual lather creation from decent shave soaps - IMO. NLGs stay on.

There's also in stores the usual two-bottle Stetson regular set, for those that like a cowboy-themed floral. Got one already.

But Spirit is decent. Worth it if you can use both items.

AA
I have worn Spirit three times--an "ok" citrus/woody blend, and feel it is similar to Chrome. This is aimed at the younger market, but any age guy can pull this off, mainly during the warmer seasons. The shaving cream is like all the other latherless "fails" out there, Cremo, Everyman Jack, Olivina, etc. I will use just a real small dab, like a pea, pour some Witch hazel in my palm and mix it up to use like a balm. Not bad, but as a shave cream, what a laugh. The abundance of aquatic scented gift sets tells you the retailers prefer catering to the younger market. The fragrance industry is moving towards earthy and natural scents, and I think aquatics, which are mostly synthetic, are slowly dying off, deservedly so. Most of them are horrid, screechy messes.

Attachments

• 20211128_175424.jpg
    20211128_175424.jpg
    769 KB · Views: 5

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’ve never sniffed that one. Nor ever heard of it. I do like Stetson though!

I’ve never sniffed that one. Nor ever heard of it. I do like Stetson though!
Consider this newbie if you like strong, and I mean strong, citrus. After the citrus, which lasts a few hours, an earthy warmth follows. I can't recall a Stetson scent with these characteristics. The local Walmart had several gift sets the day I purchased mine, but they were all gone today.

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
If you like citrus aromatics, worth a shot. Strong citrus, which lasts a few hours, followed by an earthy warmth. I can't recall a Stetson scent with these characteristics.
I am a fan of citrus but if it’s not done right it can smell sour to my nose. Like a citrus cleaning product. I don’t know that citrus and alcohol mix very well. Unless you’re drinking it :laugh: . Blue Moon….yummmmm

I am a fan of citrus but if it’s not done right it can smell sour to my nose. Like a citrus cleaning product. I don’t know that citrus and alcohol mix very well. Unless you’re drinking it :laugh: . Blue Moon….yummmmm
It opens a bit sour, but the tartness fades a bit to a mandarin/grapefruit which holds for a long time. If you are familiar with the scents of Azzaro Chrome, Kenneth Cole Blue, or DolceGabbana Intense Light Blue, then the Stetson Spirit is in that bunch.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
It opens a bit sour, but the tartness fades a bit to a mandarin/grapefruit which holds for a long time. If you are familiar with the scents of Azzaro Chrome, Kenneth Cole Blue, or DolceGabbana Intense Light Blue, then the Stetson Spirit is in that bunch.
I’ll give it a try. Sounds….refreshing. Like a Summer scent. I sometimes need a reminder of Summer during the Winter months.

Top Bottom