What's new

Stetson Original

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I've just bought a bottle of Stetson Original. There was a sale, so I thought - why not to try.
What do you guys can say about Stetson Original?

I like Stetson a lot. I've used it off and on since it first came out. I even think
I still have a small travel sized bottle. The key with Stetson though is to use it sparingly. Using it like a splash is overpowering and it lasts a long time. If your body chemistry works with it you will love it.

Space_Cadet

Anyone else think its a little too, um, unisex for lack of a better term ?

Unisex?! Hell, I want to see the woman that will use it! Well, I am from Israel, perhaps our girls from the Israeli Army would want to try.

It IS a floral ... Odd choice for a cowboy.

AA
Used to receive it off and on for years in gift sets. Still use the "stetson" toiletry bag I got when I was 18....neither loved the scent or hated it. Had a holdover bottle I never fininshed from years ago so I put it on for old times sake...
Either its changed or have, suspect its the latter, but it struck me as feminine and off-putting.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Used to receive it off and on for years in gift sets. Still use the "stetson" toiletry bag I got when I was 18....neither loved the scent or hated it. Had a holdover bottle I never fininshed from years ago so I put it on for old times sake...
Either its changed or have, suspect its the latter, but it struck me as feminine and off-putting.

Turin/Sanchez, in their classic book on scents make your point, the woman offers to wear it anytime!

I like it for a bad shave day, it has no alcohol burn and moisturizer is castor oil derived, I think.

AS

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I try to wear Stetson when I know I'll be seeing my awesome mom. It was my Dad's favorite. I think she still has an ancient bottle in her medicine cabinet!

Space_Cadet

It's marketed as a manly, old-school, Wild West type of thing. I don't think they would like to hear it's feminine. LOL. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I try to wear Stetson when I know I'll be seeing my awesome mom. It was my Dad's favorite. I think she still has an ancient bottle in her medicine cabinet!

Very nice story and very nice way to remember your Dad.

Original Stetson is a wonderful, and very masculine, scent that never fails to please - and to garner complements from family, coworkers and friends.

Just my opinion and YMMV. :)

The woman's cologne Tabu is virtually identical, so the unisex association is not far from the truth. It's a fougere which at one time was a unisex fragrance.

Men have always worn floral fragrances and cowboys most certainly would have as they were generally less expensive. In fact, some of the men's fragrances highest rated by women, like Creed's Green Irish Tweed or Geoffrey Beene's Grey Flannel, are highly floral.

Top Bottom