What's new

Steroids

And people complain about steroid use in cycling and weightlifting. We haven't got anything on chicken farming. All natural my you know what.
IMG_20171001_171144.jpg

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
On the other hand I'm working through some frozen Capon breasts. Aka what is done with male chickens who are not going to lay eggs. They get pretty large.

I delivered a flatbed full of customized scaffolding for an expansion project of a large nationally known chicken "farm" in Arkansas. After what I saw there I have never eaten anything since but free range chicken locally procured. Decorum prohibits further discussion here.

I used to work for a chemical company that provides most of the supplements for the chicken feed industry. It is made, like many other chemicals, with hydrogen cyanide and many other toxic chemicals, but when processed in the correct way, an edible and supposedly safe product is the end result. It is basically an amino acid, and the operators in the plant normally gain twenty pounds the first month or two they work in that process. We were told a chicken ate one pound of this substance mixed in with it's feed over the course of its life. Any more would result in the chicken's skin bursting because the skin doesn't grow as fast as the muscle inside it can. That company has worked for decades trying to replicate a product that can have the same results in beef.

I used to work for a chemical company that provides most of the supplements for the chicken feed industry. It is made, like many other chemicals, with hydrogen cyanide and many other toxic chemicals, but when processed in the correct way, an edible and supposedly safe product is the end result. It is basically an amino acid, and the operators in the plant normally gain twenty pounds the first month or two they work in that process. We were told a chicken ate one pound of this substance mixed in with it's feed over the course of its life. Any more would result in the chicken's skin bursting because the skin doesn't grow as fast as the muscle inside it can. That company has worked for decades trying to replicate a product that can have the same results in beef.
Wow! That’s scary!
I try and avoid the obviously mutant chicken. Wonder how much of this stuff gets passed on, absorbed by humans?

I have seen chickens described as the most efficient machine for converting corn and other grains into muscle ever created.

Wow! That’s scary!
I try and avoid the obviously mutant chicken. Wonder how much of this stuff gets passed on, absorbed by humans?
Good question. In one sense, this might be a good thing in growing food quicker than nature can, but there might also be health issues to the consumers. Time will tell, I guess.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Wow! That’s scary!

Good question. In one sense, this might be a good thing in growing food quicker than nature can, but there might also be health issues to the consumers. Time will tell, I guess.

I ate a bucket load of 'roid chicken, man did my tummy grow big. I think that's proof enough. :)

As far as chicken size goes, even before the funky junky chicken. Big chicken pieces were less than appetizing. That was because it was from a old roasting fowl.

I'm a believer that as consumers, we can ingest lots of bad boogie into our bodies if you don't pay attention. I personally don't trust what the Government says is safe, because its all good, until it isn't. A lot of cancer going around today, and I had my turn in the barrel 7 years ago, but by the grace of God am doing fine today. Today, my wife makes most all the products we use from natural ingredients, and we eat fresh vegetables, washed of course, and make sure our protein comes without hormones, or antibiotics. It might cost a bit more, but I figure one's health has more importance. I will totally agree that this is all more work, and there was certainly a learning curve with my wife learning to make her products, and will not be cheaper than buying canned, bagged, and process foods, but feel it is worth it to me in the end.

Top Bottom